ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC Code Confusions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roozbehmisaghi
Newly Registered

SOC Code Confusions

Post by roozbehmisaghi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:17 am

Dear Friends

I have an appointment for my Tier-4 to Tier-2 Visa application. I am trying to avoid any mistakes to not get rejected.

There is something that I feel is wrong with my SOC code and Job title.
Must the job title match one of the suggested titles by UKVI SoC codes?

SOC code:
SOC 3416 Arts officers, producers and directors. It is NQF 6 and I was a master student.
Job Titles:
Film editor, Production assistant (broadcasting), Studio manager, Television producer, Theatrical agent New entrant: £24,600 Experienced worker: £30,500 [Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2014] NQF 6

My job Title is DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCER
with the following duties:
Craft engaging communications through video & film content, including storyboarding, script-writing, shooting, editing, post-production.2) Identify dynamic writers, determine suitable scripts, source technical staff, and ensure completion of project on time and within budget.3)Prepare and monitor production schedule for various projects.4)Ensure all logistical matters have been seen to, including travel of crew members, availability of necessary equipment and props.5)Design motion graphics/imagery/illustrations that enhance the various media projects and campaigns

please tell me if the SOC code and the job title are correct or not. and what can I do at this stage? I have already paid the application fee and I have an appointment soon.

vinny

Re: SOC Code Confusions

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:37 am

Please refrain from bombarding the board with duplicate posts.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 am

It is the duty of your sponsor to assign the Soc code they belive best describes your job. Looking at the SOC code and your job description, I believe that the right code was used.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

roozbehmisaghi
Newly Registered

Post by roozbehmisaghi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Thank you very much.