ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No WRS for employment in 2008/2009

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KiloAlphaTango
Newly Registered

No WRS for employment in 2008/2009

Post by KiloAlphaTango » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am

I'm a Polish national who came to the UK in 2006 to complete a degree qualification. I've been filling in the new naturalisation form and came across the employment section - they want details for the last ten years. I don't remember this being there before and thought they only asked for employment details for the qualifying period. When applying previously I was told to just wait a couple of years and try again. Now I'm worried my application will be rejected as not being registered with WRS might be seen as "breach of immigration law." I registered in 2010 when my employer actually informed me this had to be done but not before. I've been working full time ever since complying with all migration policies. Will my application go through? Anyone in a similar situation?

salmintin

Re: No WRS for employment in 2008/2009

Post by salmintin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:20 pm

KiloAlphaTango wrote:I'm a Polish national who came to the UK in 2006 to complete a degree qualification. I've been filling in the new naturalisation form and came across the employment section - they want details for the last ten years. I don't remember this being there before and thought they only asked for employment details for the qualifying period. When applying previously I was told to just wait a couple of years and try again. Now I'm worried my application will be rejected as not being registered with WRS might be seen as "breach of immigration law." I registered in 2010 when my employer actually informed me this had to be done but not before. I've been working full time ever since complying with all migration policies. Will my application go through? Anyone in a similar situation?
Did you get DCPR? Did you declare the breach in your DCPR application? I remember there is a question along the lines of "Have you ever worked without work permit / WRS?".

KiloAlphaTango
Newly Registered

Post by KiloAlphaTango » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm not sure as to what DCPR is but I did apply for a residence permit and obtained it. I don't recall there being a question re: employment history for the last ten years the data was only meant to cover the qualifying period of 5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm

KiloAlphaTango wrote:I'm not sure as to what DCPR is but I did apply for a residence permit and obtained it. I don't recall there being a question re: employment history for the last ten years the data was only meant to cover the qualifying period of 5 years.
DCPR = Document Certifying Permanent Residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 am

KiloAlphaTango wrote:I'm not sure as to what DCPR is but I did apply for a residence permit and obtained it. I don't recall there being a question re: employment history for the last ten years the data was only meant to cover the qualifying period of 5 years.
If you don't have a DCPR, you need to apply for that first. It's mandatory for naturalization applications.

When you apply for citizenship, they may question your character if you worked unregistered. And for all but trivial cases I have one advice: I suggest you search for the best immigration solicitor you can find and see what they think about your case. :roll: