ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - less than 3 months left of the UK residence

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BoyingHuan95
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa - less than 3 months left of the UK residence

Post by BoyingHuan95 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi,
I know that there were similar questions on the forum, but i didn't find a definite answer, so I ask here.

I’m a Chinese citizen, currently studying in the UK (Tier 4 visa). It’s my last year and my visa will expire 5th of July. I planned to go to Greece in May and then to Poland in the beginning of July to visit my friend. For that I need a Schengen Visa. The problem is that most of the embassies require the UK visa/residence validity for at least 3 months after the trip to Schengen Area. Is there any way I could get a Schengen visa in spite of the fact that my residence permit in the UK ends in July (without going back to China, it has to be issued here, I cannot afford to go back to my country just to issue the visa).

I’ve heard that in the embassies of some Schengen countries they don’t have the 3 months requirement, however I don’t know which ones don’t (heard about Belgium but not sure). In worst case, if I couldn’t go to Greece, is there any way I could at least get the visa for Poland? From there I would not come back to UK, just straight to China, but it’s very important for me to be able to go to Poland.
Please help. Thanks

Apred
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen Visa - less than 3 months left of the UK reside

Post by Apred » Thu May 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi, I sent in an application today with similar issues. May I ask if you managed to get a visa for the same ?

gpm468

Re: Schengen Visa - less than 3 months left of the UK residence

Post by gpm468 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm

I notice there were no replies, but I have the same problem, can anyone offer any advice? UKBA will not allow my wife to apply to extend her UK spouse visa until 1 month before expiry, is there any way to have a trip to Europe in that nearly 3 month window??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 pm

gpm468 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm
I notice there were no replies, but I have the same problem, can anyone offer any advice? UKBA will not allow my wife to apply to extend her UK spouse visa until 1 month before expiry, is there any way to have a trip to Europe in that nearly 3 month window??
What do you mean UKBA (who don't exist anymore) won't allow you to extend?? Of course you can extend, you will likely just face a shortfall for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 pm

The page https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa states:
When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission (called ‘leave to remain’) expires.

About the shortfall, my wife initially got 2 years and 9 months, and gov.uk website says you'll get 2.5 years, so if we apply shortly and get 2.5 years (say from 1st Oct) we'll end up with just over the 5 years required for ILR next time?

Dengue Dave
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Dengue Dave » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Did anyone ever resolve this issue?

Be great to hear either way..

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:17 am

gpm468 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 pm
The page https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa states:
When you can apply to extend or switch
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before your current permission (called ‘leave to remain’) expires.

About the shortfall, my wife initially got 2 years and 9 months, and gov.uk website says you'll get 2.5 years, so if we apply shortly and get 2.5 years (say from 1st Oct) we'll end up with just over the 5 years required for ILR next time?
Kindly keep your spouse visa questions in the long running topic you already have. You can apply earlier if you choose, your choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.