ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Tier 4 originally for 1 year foundation course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinny99
Newly Registered

Extending Tier 4 originally for 1 year foundation course

Post by vinny99 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi, I am applying to study a 1 year foundation course at UK university as I am a mature student and don't have recent proof of studies. I would transfer to a regular course after the completion of foundation course as per university progression terms. I am confused as to what option would I have to extend my 1 year Tier 4 visa from 1 year to another 4 years? Is it possible at all? Do i have to leave UK at first and apply from outside UK for a new Tier 4 visa? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Extending Tier 4 originally for 1 year foundation course

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:58 pm

vinny99 wrote:I am confused as to what option would I have to extend my 1 year Tier 4 visa from 1 year to another 4 years? Is it possible at all?
Yes, unless your current sponsor is a private college which is not a "UK recognised body".
vinny99 wrote:Do i have to leave UK at first and apply from outside UK for a new Tier 4 visa?
No, unless same issue as above. If you are sponsored by a private college, you need to know or find out whether they are a "UK recognised body".

See UKCISA's information on "Can you apply in the UK?":
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3000
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny99
Newly Registered

Re: Extending Tier 4 originally for 1 year foundation course

Post by vinny99 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:01 pm

sah10406 wrote:
vinny99 wrote:I am confused as to what option would I have to extend my 1 year Tier 4 visa from 1 year to another 4 years? Is it possible at all?
Yes, unless your current sponsor is a private college which is not a "UK recognised body".
vinny99 wrote:Do i have to leave UK at first and apply from outside UK for a new Tier 4 visa?
No, unless same issue as above. If you are sponsored by a private college, you need to know or find out whether they are a "UK recognised body".

See UKCISA's information on "Can you apply in the UK?":
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3000
Thanks so much for your reply and the link.