ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After extension - employment of 2 full time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

After extension - employment of 2 full time

Post by sky_rise » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi all,

thank you once again for all your help and support.

a quick question - i applied for the extension of T1E in May 2016 (initial was valid till late may 2016) and got extension for further 2 years in Oct 2016.

We need to have created (or continued to employ) at least two full time employees in the period of extension to qualify for the ILR.

So: will created employment between May-Oct 2016 (waiting period for extension - 6 months) qualify towards this condition, or will it only count from Oct 2016?

Also, i would like to apply for ILR in May 2018 - will this qualify for 2 years on the extension, or does it then have to be Oct 2018?

thank you,

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: After extension - employment of 2 full time

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm

will created employment between May-Oct 2016 (waiting period for extension - 6 months) qualify towards this condition,..
No. 24 months of employment AFTER extension granted.
See: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/advice-nee ... 20552.html
Also, i would like to apply for ILR in May 2018 - will this qualify for 2 years on the extension, or does it then have to be Oct 2018?
You will be eligible to apply 28 days from completing your 5 years, (calculated from the date you were granted initial)
However this is only ONE of several requirements for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 pm

sky_rise wrote:Hi all,

thank you once again for all your help and support.

a quick question - i applied for the extension of T1E in May 2016 (initial was valid till late may 2016) and got extension for further 2 years in Oct 2016.

We need to have created (or continued to employ) at least two full time employees in the period of extension to qualify for the ILR.

So: will created employment between May-Oct 2016 (waiting period for extension - 6 months) qualify towards this condition, or will it only count from Oct 2016?

thank you,

SR

Yeah guidance says we need to create 2 FT job during the new extended period.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:54 pm

One would expect that you start a business, grow it, hire two people and they continue onwards. Not just to fulfil a criteria for the visa

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:09 pm

thanks all for your replies.

if i understand correct, that means that to apply ILR in May 2018, i have 1,5 years to fulfil the requirement for 2 full time jobs for one year each, right? I do not want to wait for 2 years from the extension granted in oct 2016. that is 5.5 years on T1E route instead of 5.

is this correct? thank you.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:26 pm

sky_rise wrote:thanks all for your replies.

if i understand correct, that means that to apply ILR in May 2018, i have 1,5 years to fulfil the requirement for 2 full time jobs for one year each, right? I do not want to wait for 2 years from the extension granted in oct 2016. that is 5.5 years on T1E route instead of 5.

Correct, but transitional arrangements still apply for you (4 employees for 6 months etc...)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

sky_rise wrote:thanks all for your replies.

Create 24 months under transitional arrangements and you should be able to apply on time when you 5 years is up.
Just create 4 jobs instead of two for 6 months or 3 jobs for 8 months and so on....
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:07 pm

thank you both for kind guidance - appreciated!