ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding maintaince for Standard Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kayzee83
Newly Registered

Query regarding maintaince for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by kayzee83 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Hello everyone

I am on an ILR visa and am planning to invite my dependant parents to the UK this summer. I believe the Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the previous General Tourist Visa and Family Visa. Now my situation is such.

- I am planning to bring them over early August so need to maintain a balance from now on in my account as I assume I need to show 3 months worth of bank statements however due to purchasing a house recently and other related expenses my account balance by the end of the month is pretty low. A few hundred pounds to be honest, sometimes even less. I am planning to borrow about £2000 from a friend just for it to show up in my account balance.

- My parents are dependant on me and as such have minimal balance in their accounts in India amounting to about 1lakh INR (give or take). I have already purchased their flight tickets as the fares were low so they dont have any travel related expenses as such. They will be staying with me for around 2 months. They have been here before for a 6 week holiday back in 2013 whilst I was on a Tier 1 visa however at that time my financial situation was far better than my current situation.

My main queries are as below;

1. How many months statements do I (as a sponsor) have to show for their visa application?
2. Can they get away by not showing their bank statements?
3. If they need to show their bank statements, what is the required monthly balance have to be?
4. Do they pay an NHS health surcharge during their application?
5. If I am the sponsor what documents are needed to be provided with their application?

Along with the answers for the above, any further information to help me with my application would be appreciated.

Regards
Kay

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Query regarding maintaince for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:37 pm

[quote="kayzee83"]Hello everyone

I am on an ILR visa and am planning to invite my dependant parents to the UK this summer. I believe the Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the previous General Tourist Visa and Family Visa. Now my situation is such.

- I am planning to bring them over early August so need to maintain a balance from now on in my account as I assume I need to show 3 months worth of bank statements however due to purchasing a house recently and other related expenses my account balance by the end of the month is pretty low. A few hundred pounds to be honest, sometimes even less. I am planning to borrow about £2000 from a friend just for it to show up in my account balance.

- My parents are dependant on me and as such have minimal balance in their accounts in India amounting to about 1lakh INR (give or take). I have already purchased their flight tickets as the fares were low so they dont have any travel related expenses as such. They will be staying with me for around 2 months. They have been here before for a 6 week holiday back in 2013 whilst I was on a Tier 1 visa however at that time my financial situation was far better than my current situation.

My main queries are as below;

1. How many months statements do I (as a sponsor) have to show for their visa application?

A minimum of 6 months is recommended. Also include a letter from your employer and last 6 months payslips. Also proof of your current ILR and passport copy. Copies of all the other documents is fine.

2. Can they get away by not showing their bank statements?
They need to show some form of income in India. This is to make sure they prove ties with their own country. A lot of others have asked similar queries- so suggest you to search this forum

3. If they need to show their bank statements, what is the required monthly balance have to be?

I would suggest approx 2000 GBP, make sure the income what they claim comes in to this statement

4. Do they pay an NHS health surcharge during their application?
NO- not necessary for standard visitor visa applications

5. If I am the sponsor what documents are needed to be provided with their application?
Answered this query above- but also include your current UK house documents, mortgage statements or tenancy agreements.

Along with the answers for the above, any further information to help me with my application would be appreciated.

Key thing is to show they have strong family ties in India. Showing monthly income will also help this cause.
do they have any fixed deposits? if they do show it .
I'm not sure myself if they have to show regular monthly income in India or fixed deposits are enough- perhaps seniors can help you on this