ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement for B.Sc(2-years) M.Sc(2-years)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babar
Newly Registered

English Requirement for B.Sc(2-years) M.Sc(2-years)

Post by babar » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply next month for HSMP Application. I have one thing pending that I have IELTS date little late that will go in March.

I wanna apply sooner than later. I have two degrees 2-years B.Sc with the Letter for Medium of Instructions in English and 2-years M.Sc with the same letter.

Kindly guide is that enough for English Requirements.

Your prompt replies are needed to discuss this scenario.

Thanks in Advance.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: English Requirement for B.Sc(2-years) M.Sc(2-years)

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:59 pm

In order to do that you need to make sure that your BSc degree have to be equivalent with UK bachelor degree.

Looking into the years spent on your Bachelor (2 years) it seems that you do not graduate from UK universities, therefore you need to get NRIC comparability letter first stating that your BSc degree comparable to UK bachelor degree.

babar wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply next month for HSMP Application. I have one thing pending that I have IELTS date little late that will go in March.

I wanna apply sooner than later. I have two degrees 2-years B.Sc with the Letter for Medium of Instructions in English and 2-years M.Sc with the same letter.

Kindly guide is that enough for English Requirements.

Your prompt replies are needed to discuss this scenario.

Thanks in Advance.
Pantaiema

babar
Newly Registered

4-Years Education at Bachelor's Level B.Sc+M.Sc

Post by babar » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 am

Dear,

I will apply with B.SC(2 Years) + M.Sc(2 Years) = 4 Years => Equivelant to UK Bechelor's degree requirements.

Kindly answer now about the english requirements i asked.

Thanks for ur response.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: 4-Years Education at Bachelor's Level B.Sc+M.Sc

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Your BSc is not comparable to UK bachelor's therefore you can not use this as evidence to english requirement.

There iare already a lot of cases like this in this forum. I guess you graduate from POakistan do not you ?.
babar wrote:Dear,

I will apply with B.SC(2 Years) + M.Sc(2 Years) = 4 Years => Equivelant to UK Bechelor's degree requirements.

Kindly answer now about the english requirements i asked.

Thanks for ur response.
Pantaiema

babar
Newly Registered

Understood

Post by babar » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Can I apply for bachelor points by combining my overall 16-years of education???

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Understood

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

babar wrote:Can I apply for bachelor points by combining my overall 16-years of education???
No.

The requirement is:

- a 4 year Bachelors degree, taught in English

- degree must be the equivalent of a UK university

- must have a letter from the university that issued the degree proving that the four year degree was taught in English

You can get verification via NARIC:

-> HSMP visas (will become Tier 1 in March!) -> NARIC Database Collection

From what you have described, you will not receive a positive endorsement from NARIC, so money spent on that will probably be wasted.

the Admin

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi,

Post by jimmymcad » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Regarding your question,

I have done 2 years BCS with 2 years MCS. They count 4 years as your Bachelor and gives you 30 mark not 35 marks. I have not submitted any NARIC document, but submitted my Transcripts with the degree.Based on my expereince, with IELTS result i qualified and approved.

Having an English letter from both universities should not require any IELTS test to be taken, but this is something which need to be confirmed.

ib_1
Newly Registered

Post by ib_1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:53 am

If you go to home office English requirment page

http://ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingint ... quirement/

You can find the following text for Degree taught in English

Degree taught in English
You can also demonstrate you meet the English language requirement if you hold a degree equivalent to a United Kingdom bachelor level and your course was taught in English.

So it is quite easy for you. If you send your MCS and BCS (2+ 2 Years)degrees to Naric. They will confirm you that your masters is equal to U.K bachelor. Then as the home office website text says you just need a letter from your MCS university that medium of instruction is english. You will attach Naric letter, MCS degree and English (MCS) letter and it would be OK for you.
Please note that my two friends have got the extension using the same thing as the requirment is

THE DEGREE EQUIVALENT TO U.K BACHELOR ( Does not matter it is Masters or what ever it should be equal to U.K bachelor).

You can also confirm this by calling homeoffice

(Please note this is only true for extension of HSMP application. I am not sure about Initial application)