ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application is taking longer than 6 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iCloud
- thin ice -

Citizenship Application is taking longer than 6 months

Post by iCloud » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi All,

I have just opened this thread on behalf of a friend of mine whose naturalisation application is processing since 20th of June, 2016. It's over 9 months now.

He married to an EU Citizen & already got his 10 years PR approved, doesn't have any convictions, no issues with Garda, never claim social, well paid job and paying very good amount of tax every month.

He still didn't get the second stage letter. Each time writing to them, getting a reply advising that application is still processing and continue to be processed and this office will get back to him as soon as a decision has been reached. It is very hard for him to wait that long as he is very clean on all sides.

In addition, he has recently been approached to the local TD and TD wrote to the citizenship department on his behalf and got the same reply as above.

Guys, please share your verdict, and people with same situation please feel free to drop few lines on this thread.

Thanks,
iCloud

Mdsr
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Application is taking longer than 6 months

Post by Mdsr » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:59 am

Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional documents, sent them straight away.
I got my EU3 10 years approval at the end of July 2017, sent a copy of up to dated visa to citizenship department and they moved me to 2nd stage in August 2016.

I am getting answer that your application continues to be processed, since March 2016.

December 1st they asked me for the up to date GNIB card, which i sent next day.

Jan 18th sent them an email to know my application status, got response that my application is being prepared to be sent o minister, it has not been sent yet.

I got bit excited, at least they saying my application is being prepared to be sent to minister.

8 Feb sent them an email again, to check my application status. They replied your application continues to be processed.

9 Feb rang them, same answer, your application is continue to be processed.

My Local TD emailed them on 27th March and got the following reply:-

This Application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the minister for the decision as expeditiously as possible. In general, it takes approx 6 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision it made.

However the nature of the naturalization process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory retirement that, Inter alia, applicants for naturalization be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the normal to process.

I have no criminal history, never had any problem since living in Ireland, I dont know why my application taking so long.

One thing i would like to mention, I got my EUFAM3 10 year stamp in August 2016, my local immigration officer granted me permission until Nov 2017, because my passport was due to expire in Nov 2017. I recently got a new 5 years passport, maybe i should extend my stamp and send them 5 years GNIB card, maybe it will help to move my application?

shahidmahmood12345
Newly Registered

Post by shahidmahmood12345 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Hello ,

Your friend's case look like mine the same.Married to Eu citizen EUFam I applied in June 2016 aswell and still waiting for the approval. I was asked for the documents and i have sent everything they required. Sent them an email and same reply " My case is in process" I have never got the 2nd stage letter and all the letter came in from the "Initial Processing team". I have no convictions never been to garda aur claimed any social welfare payments. I have been working in Ireland since i came here. One thing i would like to add one thing i applied through a solicitor and she adviced me to not to apply for EU3 ( Long term residency)because its too much hassle according to so she applied EU1 for me again and i got my 6 months extension which i have sent to department already. Some people saying they will approve my case when my EuFam will be renewed. My 6month stamp is expiring in July 2017 and i really don't know what to do. My Solicitor asked me to be patient and to wait but its almost 9 months now. I don't know about this TD thing i only got to know through here.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Yeah TD can ask for an update it's a little push for the application..
Then again you can ask for TDs help if they didn't give you a proper response..
It' has to be end but the waiting time is killing for some who waiting long like 9 months or more..
After this ceremony applicants should email them more to get sorted their approval..

Mdsr
Newly Registered

Post by Mdsr » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:41 am

I am waiting more than 13 months now, my local TD emailed them 2 weeks ago, but they did not give any interesting answer!

Strider1779
Newly Registered

Post by Strider1779 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:56 am

We applied last year 02/08/2016 still waiting to hear.... anyone any idea what happens when the temp Type 4 stamp runs out? Do they send new extension or do you have to write to them for it?

Tried emailing ..no response...calling they said there was no call centre for EU treaty rights...so today I am writing a letter.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Mdsr wrote:Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional documents, sent them straight away.
I got my EU3 10 years approval at the end of July 2017, sent a copy of up to dated visa to citizenship department and they moved me to 2nd stage in August 2016.

I am getting answer that your application continues to be processed, since March 2016.

December 1st they asked me for the up to date GNIB card, which i sent next day.

Jan 18th sent them an email to know my application status, got response that my application is being prepared to be sent o minister, it has not been sent yet.

I got bit excited, at least they saying my application is being prepared to be sent to minister.

8 Feb sent them an email again, to check my application status. They replied your application continues to be processed.

9 Feb rang them, same answer, your application is continue to be processed.

My Local TD emailed them on 27th March and got the following reply:-

This Application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the minister for the decision as expeditiously as possible. In general, it takes approx 6 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision it made.

However the nature of the naturalization process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory retirement that, Inter alia, applicants for naturalization be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the normal to process.

I have no criminal history, never had any problem since living in Ireland, I dont know why my application taking so long.

One thing i would like to mention, I got my EUFAM3 10 year stamp in August 2016, my local immigration officer granted me permission until Nov 2017, because my passport was due to expire in Nov 2017. I recently got a new 5 years passport, maybe i should extend my stamp and send them 5 years GNIB card, maybe it will help to move my application?
@Mdsr

We had another member on this forum who used to have identical timeline as you. I am a bit curious to know if he/she got his approval or not. Possibly he/she got the approval as he/she is not participating for a while on the forum. His/her details can be seen here:

ireland/advanced-stage-what-does-it-rea ... 25372.html

His/her forum ID is llvlludi

Mdsr
Newly Registered

Post by Mdsr » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:34 am

That was my other id, which has been blocked for unknown reasons :D

I still have not received approval!