ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sickness insurance EU students

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pegasus
Newly Registered

Comprehensive sickness insurance EU students

Post by Pegasus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:09 am

Following the EU referendum I found out EU students are supposed to have comprehensive sickness Inssurance. I was not aware of this requirement when I was a student and I am very concerned that it might affect my right to stay in this country after Brexit.

Today I came across some information that suggests that it might be possible to retrospectively get comprehensive health I Inssurance with an S2 form.

I found the information on this website: https://www.freemovement.org.uk/compreh ... -needs-it/

Has anyone done this. If so I would appreciate any help and advice you might be able to give as I am a little bit confused about it all.

MrSlyFox

Re: Comprehensive sickness insurance EU students

Post by MrSlyFox » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 pm

It depends on which country was covering your health care in the UK, i.e. which EEA country were in before you came to the UK you will have to contact them.