ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need suggestion

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

interview experience sharing

Post by HIUK888888 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am

Dear all.

I just had the interview yesterday at the london office.

I surprised that interview time was very short only 30 minutes.

ask me about my account, financial figures, let me tell him 7 service in my website, my employee, my contract.

They have a query with one of my contract as that client's business nature was online retail service however they didn't find that company's website. my answer is: my client is just running a new business, their website just launched few months ago that's the reason they didn't find the website when they check my documents. the service we provide for this company was help him find the supplier.

also ask some question about that company's employee: how many people, what kind of service i provide.

My concern is when i describe my service. the interviewer seems don't have any patient.

Is it normal?

I don't think 30 minutes can explain all my service.

Thanks

madi86

Re: interview experience sharing

Post by madi86 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:23 am

Could you please share your timeline

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Re: interview experience sharing

Post by HIUK888888 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am

madi86 wrote:Could you please share your timeline
quite a long time ago.

i applied on 30th of september,

10th of March receive the letter for interview

27th of March interview date

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Emergency help

Post by HIUK888888 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Dear all,

I need emergency help.

I was interviewed yesterday and they query one of my contracts. My client didn't tell me his company was dormant and sign contract with me.

His business nature is online retail service. He is planing to sell cloth via online. The cloth is his own brand. He found our service is help him find supplier in china and arrange Chinese visa. I provided all this service but didn't realised his company was dormant. When the case worker check my application, case worker didn't find any company information regarding this company. But yesterday I told the interviewer he just set up website few month ago.

For the own brand cloth, they have to find the supplier, find designer to produce the product. If no product, they definitely cannot sell cloth online.

Actually, he did set up the website and use social nerworks to promote his business one month ago and his instergram follower is up to 600 but his company is still dormant.

I don't know why his company is dormant. But he definitely run business at moment. Will it effect my visa extension?

Thanks

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Re: Emergency help

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 pm

What is your visa type? PSW ? T1-50K ? T1-200K?
Thanks

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 pm

I don't think you have an obligation to check customer is operating company or company at all. You invoice (+VAT) and customer pays.

Is this customer a significant percentage of your business?

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:22 am

jafersadeq wrote:What is your visa type? PSW ? T1-50K ? T1-200K?
Thanks
PSW 5k extension

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:27 am

seasky wrote:I don't think you have an obligation to check customer is operating company or company at all. You invoice (+VAT) and customer pays.

Is this customer a significant percentage of your business?
No. But I only provide two contracts because most of my clients all use one off service. Give suggestion to find the supplier and apply visa to china. This client use our service five times and every time pay £260, total is £1300. My turnover is £47000.

But the home office ask me is this company running business as their service is online service. I definately arrange service for them and arrange them to China successful. At moment they have online website now. They are the new business.

Oh my god.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 am

So you have a customer for £1300. That is a tiny amount. You invoiced, they paid. Can't see anyone rational making a fuss of that (alone).

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am

seasky wrote:So you have a customer for £1300. That is a tiny amount. You invoiced, they paid. Can't see anyone rational making a fuss of that (alone).
Yes. But they paid me by cash or cash deposit to my business account no any their business account information. The home office ask me if this company running business at all. At moment, they have website and the instagrame followers are up to 6000, but the company is still dormant.

Not quite sure how home office justify it as my solicitor told me my client may don't want to pay any tax and file the annual return so that do the company as dormant. I am not sure do I need contact this client, if they don't want to pay tax, they will definately tell home office their company is dormant. They may lie. If I tell them the home office want to inviestigate his company, he may be scared and want to save his life.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:58 am

Dude, you really have to chill. HO is not going to investigate anyone on a £1300 invoice. If anything it is HMRC and you don't even know if his company has revenue of significance (instagram 6000 followers?? Some cats have much more)

Maybe they are real entrepreneurs, investing in building a supply from China, building marketing (web, instagram) and have yet to make their company active (which u will see only a year later on company house filings)

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 am

seasky wrote:Dude, you really have to chill. HO is not going to investigate anyone on a £1300 invoice. If anything it is HMRC and you don't even know if his company has revenue of significance (instagram 6000 followers?? Some cats have much more)

Maybe they are real entrepreneurs, investing in building a supply from China, building marketing (web, instagram) and have yet to make their company active (which u will see only a year later on company house filings)
Hopeful.

Another thing is home office asks me about his employees. I did provided his another two employees service to support their business trip in china. One is his designer, this I can find from designer's linkelin, and the designer start work from October 2015 to February 2017. I don't know she has left this year as my contract has been expired on October 2016. Is it will affect my answer?

Another person is model. I provided service to her as well. My client told me she is his model but I didn't find any information from this model's working information on linkelin. This model may be only sign contract with my client during that time not the permenant work for him. Do u think I provide the wrong answer to home office.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am

What emergency ??? :? You are freaking out over tiny details regarding your answers to home office. Simply discuss the matter with your client and ask them why they are dormant. Tell them that any business activity automatically forfeits their status as dormant company.
This should not affect you as that is not your responsibility. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 am

zimba88 wrote:What emergency ??? :? You are freaking out over tiny details regarding your answers to home office. Simply discuss the matter with your client and ask them why they are dormant. Tell them that any business activity automatically forfeits their status as dormant company.
But they ask me do I know his employees. I told two, one is his designer, another is his model. At moment, I am afraid the model only freelance and sign contract with him. But model need service, my client told it was his model. Do u think I provide the wrong information to the home office?

The thing I am afraid is if home office contact him, he may lie to the home office. If the home office only trust what he said, it will be unfair to me. And the reason he made his company dormant was due to he is online clothing retail seller. He need find the supplier, designer to produce cloth and then can set up online service.

Do u think I need tell him? I am afraid If I tell him, he will make story for his dormant company and pretend didn't use our service or pretend we only provide part service not all.

I

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 am

zimba88 wrote:What emergency ??? :? You are freaking out over tiny details regarding your answers to home office. Simply discuss the matter with your client and ask them why they are dormant. Tell them that any business activity automatically forfeits their status as dormant company.
His company status is active. But his company filling history shows it's a dormant account.

And my solicitor told me if his company is dormant, he should find any service for that company. If he sign, it's illegal and my contract will useless and effect my visa even he only paid £1300 in total to my business account.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm

You are NOT RESPONSIBLE for actions of others or other businesses or their failure. You should never ever accept responsibility or claim that you know someone or their business when asked. You should say they simply required a service and paid and I have no information about them as it is not within my responsibility or duty to investigate them.
You are under NO OBLIGATION to check or know a client for such things. They come in, you do a service, they pay, off they go.
You are creating a big drama on something that cannot be used against you.
HO does NOT go and investigate other businesses because they were your client, that is not their responsibility. You need to calm down. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:26 pm

zimba88 wrote:You are NOT RESPONSIBLE for actions of others or other businesses or their failure. You should never ever accept responsibility or claim that you know someone or their business when asked. You should say they simply required a service and paid and I have no information about them as it is not within my responsibility or duty to investigate them.
You are under NO OBLIGATION to check or know a client for such things. They come in, you do a service, they pay, off they go.
You are creating a big drama on something that cannot be used against you.
HO does NOT go and investigate other businesses because they were your client, that is not their responsibility. You need to calm down. :!:
Thanks zimba.

One more concern is they ask me how many employees do he has. I said two because I have provided service for two of them. One is designer ( this information I can find from linkelin), another one is model, I didn't find any information from linkelin, maybe she is freelance and sign contract with my client. If I say she is his employee, is it true? As my client told me she is his model. From the linkelin, I also found another internship worked for him since August 2016. But my contract was end October, my clien didn't tell me he has internship. Will the internship consider as his employee?

How the home office verify am I said right or wrong?

Thanks again.

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi, I cannot read the private message. If anyone send me the message, please write here.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 pm

You should have simply said I interacted with two people from that business only. Anyway your concerns are not that significant as I already covered

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:31 pm

zimba88 wrote:You should have simply said I interacted with two people from that business only. Anyway your concerns are not that significant as I already covered
The interview person ask me question very quickly, I answer two directly.

But for model, my client did tell me she is his model. If she just sign the work contract with my client. Can the home office verify it. And also another internship start from August 2016, my client didn't tell me. Did the internship belong his employee?

Thanks

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Need suggestion

Post by HIUK888888 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 am

Good morning everyone,

I have sent additional document to proof business communication for one my contract which is dormant company.

Now, I have another concern need help.

They ask me about my office. In my website, office address is my home address. So I told them my office address is my home address but normally we work at the regus center and see our clients in the business lounge as I have membership card can free access. In the business lounge, they have the same facility as the private office, such as Internet, desk, table, computer. But I forget to say, we brought our laptop by ourselves. And some times when our client request to see them in their office, we will go to their company.

Is this a issue.the interview time is very short, I don't have enough time to think about it, I just told them the normal thing didn't mention some special.

Do I need provide documents again to proof what am I saying is correct. I am not sure do they know anything about the regus business lounge.

Regus business lounge which I am stay is really amazing, they have individual work pod, first come first serve, we always the first people arrive there.

I try to explain something about the business lounge, but the interviewer don't want to listen.

Thanks

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Re: Need suggestion

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:49 am

They ask you for interview for many doubts, your office is one of them,
Did they ask you to send those documents or you sent it without request.

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:53 am

jafersadeq wrote:They ask you for interview for many doubts, your office is one of them,
Did they ask you to send those documents or you sent it without request.
No, they didn't request. Or documents I sent is decided by myself as I don't wanna they have any doubts for my business.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:30 am

The interviewer is not the caseworker,
Who interviewed you will write a report to the caseworker, and the second will decide.
Sending any documents without request is useless.
I suggest you to wait for their answer, do not rush before that, they may accept your answers, so do not think about that, just wait, if they refuse you, then you have to argue.
I hope they grant you the visa..
Good luck

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:38 am

jafersadeq wrote:The interviewer is not the caseworker,
Who interviewed you will write a report to the caseworker, and the second will decide.
Sending any documents without request is useless.
I suggest you to wait for their answer, do not rush before that, they may accept your answers, so do not think about that, just wait, if they refuse you, then you have to argue.
I hope they grant you the visa..
Good luck
My solicitor told me I only can argue according to the documents which I provide.

But I did send a confirmation from regus to confirm I have free access their business lounge anywhere.