ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assessing Student Stipends/Grants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antmorgan88
Newly Registered

Assessing Student Stipends/Grants

Post by antmorgan88 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi, I wondered if I could get any advice. I am currently sponsoring a spousal visa and have to prove adequate maintence. Looking at my core earnings and incomes and applying it to the A/B/C formula ECOs use to check whether your incomes meet adequate maintence they seem to indeed. As i understand it my salary, Tax Credits and so on will be applied as a standard weekly amount as my job and entitlement/award is ongoing until my circumstances change. However I also recieve an NHS bursury as a Student Social Worker which is awarded for a set 2 years (although I obviously only have the current years award letter). Now, would they divide the grant amount by 52 (the duration of the current award)? Or divide it by 130 (the length of the visa) and treat it as capital? I have looked at every decision makers piece of guidance I can find and currently am awaiting the reply of an immigration lawyer but wondered if you guys had any ideas as its been perplexing me :(

Thanks in advance.