ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

identical electronic and "official" bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egoneo

identical electronic and "official" bank statements

Post by egoneo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:14 am

Hi,

When i print out my electronic bank statement it looks exactly the same as the official statment i.e Every logo, text, address and colours match. In fact providing i use decent quality paper it looks better than the official one sent in the post.

So my questions are apparently UKBA don't accept what they deem to be "electronic statements". In this case will they be able to tell, and are they simply referring to the flimsy quick bank printout.

The reason i ask is it would cost some money and time to order the official ones and send them. This seems like a futile exercise giving what i mentioned above, but still an option.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: identical electronic and "official" bank statements

Post by bathanza » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Someone I work with went for a premium service appointment and, even though printed out on slightly hardend paper, they were questioned. The HO do contact banks as well and are well aware of the eBilling or electronic bills, hopefully wont be an issue.

I would recommend, if printed at home, go to your bank and request each page is stamped as it's verified by your bank. I did the same as I had 6 months printed out like a transaction paper.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:31 am

egoneo wrote:The reason i ask is it would cost some money and time to order the official ones and send them. This seems like a futile exercise giving what i mentioned above, but still an option.
If I were you, I'd spend some extra money to get proper statements. We shell out so much money on our visas etc for UKBA it would be a shame if the immigration officer (although being totally unreasonable) question the paper quality and it becomes an issue for him/her to reject your application. In short, dont worry about 10/20 quid mate - consider it as us paying our dues! (speaking from experience and not a "Formal" advice)

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:14 pm

singhmohit wrote:
egoneo wrote:The reason i ask is it would cost some money and time to order the official ones and send them. This seems like a futile exercise giving what i mentioned above, but still an option.
If I were you, I'd spend some extra money to get proper statements. We shell out so much money on our visas etc for UKBA it would be a shame if the immigration officer (although being totally unreasonable) question the paper quality and it becomes an issue for him/her to reject your application. In short, dont worry about 10/20 quid mate - consider it as us paying our dues! (speaking from experience and not a "Formal" advice)
Agree with you SinghMohit.. I kind of rushed through the docs but if at any point of confusion, actuals can be sent.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Online bank statements despite at a mere glance resembles to original ones but due to security purposes most of the banks leave some foot prints which differentiate it from original. Best is to get it stamped which most probably will be free or order paper version for which many banks claim to charge but mostly they don't charge.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:15 pm

HO means original documents !

Option 1: Order paper statements ( those should be free ).
Option 2: Get those printed statements stamped by the bank.

:)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Many banks now refuse to stamp online statements due to company policy. NatWest is among them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:HO means original documents !

Option 1: Order paper statements ( those should be free ).
Option 2: Get those printed statements stamped by the bank.

:)
@Kashif_Hussain, any reason why you are posting under two different names? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.