ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS & EXCHANGE RATE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mherman
Newly Registered

Is it possible to start job before Spousal visa is approved?

Post by Mherman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:47 am

Hi!

My husband and I are planning to move to the UK from South Africa towards the end of the year.

I, the British passport holder, am hoping to have a job offer in the UK in order to meet the financial requiement.

I see that applications can take up to 60 working days. My concern is whether a potencial employer would be willing to wait that long, and if not, would it be possible for me to go over to start work before the Visa is approved? Or do we have to go over together?

In a worst case scenario, if I had to go over 6 months prior to my husband, in order to meet the financial requirement, would it be possible for him to obtain a visitors visa to spend some time in the UK before we are ready to apply for the spousal visa? I am just worried as to whether it would affect the spousal visa application in some way?

Thanks in advance! Mikaela

SoHopeful

Re: Is it possible to start job before Spousal visa is appro

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:08 pm

If you earn the necessary amount you can apply now with the job offer.
Yes it's difficult to provide specific dates for anything post-application because you just don't know, but I would speak to the employer, they may be flexible given the immigration side of things.

Many people opt for the sponsor moving to the UK first to establish themselves; find accommodation and time to meet the requirements, so no you don't need to travel together.

Some couples have applied for visitor's visas whilst waiting for the spouse visa but depending on the country and individual history sometimes ECOs feel there is little chance the applicant will leave as they are staying with their spouse. It's worth a try but be clear about sticking to the rules and any ties to returning to home country.

Mherman
Newly Registered

URGENT - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS & EXCHANGE RATE

Post by Mherman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi!

My husband and I live in South Africa and are planning on moving to the UK early next year.

We are hoping to meet the financial requirements using my salary earned over the 6 months prior to application and a job offer in the UK. (I am the British passport holder)

My question is, if my salary currently meets the finanical requirement at the current exchange rate, but over the next 10 months some months it doesnt, due to a higher exchange rate, how is it it assessed on application?

and secondly, once the visa is approved, can I go ahead of my husband for a month or so to set up and he come over afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS & EXCHANGE RATE

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:49 pm

It is based on the documents you submit for the visa.

Your husband will be issued with a visa for 30 days and he must enter the UK within that time and collect his biometric residence permit withing 10 days of arriving at your nominated post office
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mherman
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS & EXCHANGE RATE

Post by Mherman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks so much for your reply.

So they will calculate my salary over the 6 months on the exchange rate at the time i apply?

And if my gross salary is made up of my basic, a set commision and allowances, will i still fall under catagory A. as my salary is not variable.

Thanks again, Mikaela