ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 References

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbpmatrix

MN1 References

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 am

Hello, Could any one please suggest me regarding references required for MN1 form for my son who is 3.5 yrs old. I need one professional reference of person engaged with child; Can it be a Pharmacist.
kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 References

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you cr001 for the reply.
I got few more questions. If poss someone can please advise me on this.

1. In form mn1 in question 1.2 its asking for ref nmber, do I need to give my ILR approval letters ref number? and also what date do I need to write under 1.3, as my son don't have ilr.

2. I am not a british citizen, I recently got my ilr, do I need to fill section 3 of mn1.

3. In section 6. question 6.1: do I need to say yes or no. As our t2 application was refused in oct16 and my son was also in it as a dependent. However he has visa before that which was returned to HO with our t2 appli.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:24 pm

1. In form mn1 in question 1.2 its asking for ref nmber, do I need to give my ILR approval letters ref number? and also what date do I need to write under 1.3, as my son don't have ilr.
No, it is not YOUR application. Leave it blank.
2. I am not a british citizen, I recently got my ilr, do I need to fill section 3 of mn1.
No.
3. In section 6. question 6.1: do I need to say yes or no. As our t2 application was refused in oct16 and my son was also in it as a dependent. However he has visa before that which was returned to HO with our t2 appli.
If born in the UK, he has an entitlement to register and does not require ILR. If the child has had a BRP card at any point, you need to complete the details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Thank you so much for the reply.

I made two phone calls to HO on two diff dates. On day 1 I was told I cannot take pharmacists as a first referee. And on second day i was told pharmacist can give the reference.

Bit confused now. Can any one please suggest what to do in this situation as Schools are closed and GP refused to give reference.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 pm

HO is well known for providing incorrect advice.

It also varies greatly on how you ask the question and the terminology used.

See link below, where 'CHEMIST' aka Pharmacist, is clearly mentioned.

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Thank you cr001. Yes it says chemist in the referee list, but on mn1 for it says

" 5.1 Each referee should know the child personally. One referee should be a professional who
has "ENGAGED" with the child in a professional capacity..

so in this case how a chemist/pharmacist is engaged with the child like teacher or GP?

kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Dispenses medicines, offers advice etc.

Otherwise try health visitor if you have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Thank you cr001,
No we dont have a health visitor. My application for is ready. In dilemma what to do. what will be the best course of action.

Kind regards

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 am

Hello, Thank you for the valuable advise given to me. I have one more question. I will be soon going for NCS for my sons mn1 form. i got ilr recently. What are the documents checklist i need to take with me for my sons mn1 application. Please note, I will be applying for passport FOR MY SON at the same time as mn1.
Kind Regards