ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cambridge CELTA degree enough for English Proficiency req?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

Cambridge CELTA degree enough for English Proficiency req?

Post by BlueBambino » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm struggling to find any information regarding this let alone a Home Office address or email where I can send my query, hence any advice appreciated.

I had studied CELTA at IH London in 2007, where I had obtained my Cambridge Certificate of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. Would this suffice for the English knowledge and proficiency requirement in my naturalisation application or would I still need to take the approved English language test?

Cheers,
BB

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Cambridge CELTA degree enough for English Proficiency re

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:33 pm

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Unless your qualification is on the official list it won't be accepted. It's minimum B1 level SELT test that's required. You will need to take one of those.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BlueBambino
Newly Registered

Re: Cambridge CELTA degree enough for English Proficiency re

Post by BlueBambino » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:28 pm

I see...what a joke but oh well...guess I'll have to fork out the £150 and rock up.