ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse FLR(M) query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

die_hard

Spouse FLR(M) query

Post by die_hard » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:15 am

Hi,

My query is related to my wife's 2nd FLR(M) extension. Her current FLR(M) granted for 2.5 years expires on 15th July 2017. If we had to do the 2nd extension as in person application and if we do it 10 days before (say on 5th July 2017), and assuming it was granted on the same day, she would be 10 days short of complete 5 years period.

So my query is would we require an another FLR(M) extension after 2.5 years just to complete the 10 days shortfall before applying for ILR ?

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Spouse FLR(M) query

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:19 am

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:23 am

She may also apply for SET(M) at most 28 days prior to the completion of her 5-year qualifying period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 am

Hi vinny,

Thanks for your quick reply.

So as long as we apply within or before 28 days of 15th July 2017, we would be fine and won't lose the 5 year period towards ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 am

Yes.

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi vinny,

I have one more query.

My wife's visa expires on 15th July 2017.

We are planning to travel 2-3 weeks before 15th July and then apply for extension after we come back.

Is there any condition that she won't be able to travel with visa validity less than 3 months ? I mean when we enter back UK her visa would be valid for 7-10 days. Will that be a problem ?

A reply would be appreciated.

Thanks.