ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Divorce, UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpha_111
Newly Registered

Refugee Divorce, UK

Post by alpha_111 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

I have a question about divorce in case of a refugee in the UK. Me, my partner and daughter have refugee status in the UK, where they are dependants and I'm the main applicant. Our marriage is not registered in the UK, we got married outside the UK in 2014 when I had Tier2 Visa then, and I added my partner as a dependent on my Tier2 visa at that time using that foreign marriage certificate.

After we arrived in the UK on the Tier2 visa, I applied for a asylum and got refugee status and she got refugee status as a dependent in 2015.

1) How can I get divorce/remove my partner as a dependent in this case? Do I need to get an official divorce certificate first, although our marriage is not registered in the UK?
2) What will happen to her in that case? Will she be stripped from her refugee status and be sent back home?

alpha_111
Newly Registered

Re: Refugee Divorce, UK

Post by alpha_111 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 am

Would appreciate anyone's advice on this

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Refugee Divorce, UK

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Although Google search may give you reply but I think exact answer you can take from the letter which HO usually sends while granting the visa mentioning terms & conditions/restrictions etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.