ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY NONE EEA FAMILY MEMBER AND PUBLIC FUNDS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pantelis6
Newly Registered

Post by pantelis6 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:33 pm

HI,PLEASE I NEED REALY HELP..I'AM A GREEK EU CITIZEN I'AM MARRIED TO MY WIFE SHE IS NONE EU FROM LEBANON, WE CAME TO THE UK 20 FEB 2003 AT THAT TIME WE HAD 1 YEAR OLD BOY, MY WIFE CAME WITH 1 YEAR EEA FAMILY PERMIT,AFTER SHE ENTERED THE UK WE SENT OUR PAPERS TO HO AND WE WERE ISSED 5 YEARS EEA PERMIT.. NOW TIME TO RENEW OR APPLY FOR A FAMILY PERMIT BUT MY MAIN ISSUE IS , I WORKED ALL THESE 5 YEARS BUT THE LAST 2 AND A HALF YEARS IAM WORKING PARTIME AND IAM CLAIMING HOUSING BENEFIT CTC/WTC AND CHILD BENEFIT SINCE WE CAME TO THE COUNTREY NOW WE HAVE 8 MONTHS OLD BOY, I NEVER STOPED WORKING BUT ONLY PARTIME I MAKE £10000 A YEAR, MY WIFE NEVER WORKED AND WE CLAIMED ALL THESE BENEFITS WE DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEM,I WAS CHECKING THE HO WEBSITE UNDER EUROPEAN CASE WORK UNDER PUBLIC FUNDS AS THE MENTION A PART TIME WORKER OR LOW INCOME PEOPLE CAN TAKE BENEFIT WITH THEIR RESIDENCY BEING EFFECTED SO PLEASE NOW WE ARE GOING TO APPLY FOR EEA3 AND EEA 4 I DO HAVE 5 YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT BUT GETTING THESE BENEFITS WILL AFFECT MY WIES'S PERMENANT RESIDENSE??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am

pantelis6 wrote:HI PLEASE I NEED URGENT ADVISE, IAM GREEK CITIZEN LIVING HERE 5 YEARS MY WIFE IS LEBANESE WITH EEA 5 YEARS PERMIT,HER PERMIT DUE TO FINISH IN 3 MONTHS WE HAVE 2 BOYS BOTH ARE GREEK I CLAIM BENEFITS LIKE HOUSING BENEFIT CTC/WTC CHILD BENEFIT I WORK 21 HOURS A WEEK AND MAKE £10000,,TODAY I CALLED THE HOMEOFFICE TO ASK WHEN CAN I APPLY UNDER EU LAW FOR PERMENANT RESIDENSE USING APPLICTION EEA3 EE4 SO I WAS ADVISED TO APPLY BEFORE 28 DAYS BEFORE BEING IN THE UK 5 YEARS, SO DURING THE PHONE CALL THEY ASKED ME IF I'AM RECIEVING PUBLIC FUND,I SAID YES SO THEY ADVISED ME BEFORE APPLYING TO SEEK LEGAL ADVISE SO PLEASE HELP ME I'AM REALY WORRIED!!! AS I KNOW AS AN EU CITIZEN I CAN CLAIM BENEFITS IF IAM EXERCISING MY TREATY RIGHTS AS WORKER EXT SO FOR MY SELF I NEVER BEEN EVEN A JOBSEEKER IAM ALWAYS WORKING BUT ALWAYS CLAIMING BENEFITS TO TOP UP MY INCOME SO PLEASE ADVISE ME WILL THIS AFFCET THE APPLICATIONS EEA3 EEA4 AND ESPECIALY MY NONE EU FAMILY MEMBER WHICH IS MY WIFE??? THANX
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pantelis6
Newly Registered

explain

Post by pantelis6 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:31 am

please could you explain for me thanx

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MY NONE EEA FAMILY MEMBER AND PUBLIC FUNDS

Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:16 pm

In the future, if your posts look more like this, it will be MUCH easier for people to read and try to understand your questions:
pantelis6 wrote:Hi,please i need realy help..I'am a Greek EU citizen I'am married to my wife she is none EU from Lebanon, we came to the UK 20 Feb 2003 At that time we had 1 year old boy, my wife came with 1 year EEA family permit,after she entered the UK we sent our papers to HO and we were issed 5 years EEA permit..

Now time to renew or apply for a family permit but my main issue is , i worked all these 5 years but the last 2 and a half years iam working partime and iam claiming housing benefit CTC/WTC and child benefit since we came to the countrey now we have 8 months old boy, i never stoped working but only partime i make £10000 a year

My wife never worked and we claimed all these benefits we didnt have any problem, I was checking the HO website under EUROPEAN case work under public funds as the mention a part time worker or low income people can take benefit with their residency being effected

So please now we are going to apply for EEA3 and EEA 4 I do have 5 years of employment but getting these benefits will affect my wies's permenant residense??
Did you mean that you can take benefits without your residency being affected? Very large difference in meaning.

Also, if you take some benefits (maybe six months), that may be very different than taking a lot of benefits .. such as several years.

I don't know if you are required to work full time. I don't know how much you need to earn each year.

Even if you accept benefits, you may have to meet minimum taxable income on average per year.

Since you are an EU citizen, the UK cannot tell your wife to leave unless they have a legal reason to make you leave. This does not mean that they have to make it easy for you and your family to stay.

Since you read the website for information, it would help if you post the link to the page you read. We need to understand what requirements there are for you to stay in the UK. You have not told us what you must do (if anything).

the Admin

ayatje87
Newly Registered

Post by ayatje87 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:19 pm

well im as well lebanses non eea national,and i know some other lebanese who is married to eu nationals and they were in the same situation like u,the eu national was working part time and taking top-up benefits ,and was issued with residence!

because the law says as long as the eu national is working part time or full time therefore he should be treated like british citizen and be entiteled to benefits.

pantelis6
Newly Registered

reply for admin

Post by pantelis6 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:43 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

please have a look on the link guys and its so clear thanx

pantelis6
Newly Registered

reply for admin

Post by pantelis6 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:49 pm