ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is WRS still required for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pedrosa666
Newly Registered

Is WRS still required for naturalisation?

Post by pedrosa666 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi guys,

I'm currently a Polish citizen who lived in UK for 10 years, I hold a permanent resident status and currently in the process of doing my exams so I can apply for naturalisation.

Just a few questions:

1) I've seen a lot of people across different boards mentioning WRS, and I have never seen it in my life. I probably didn't start working (part-time) while still being in college until 2010. Would that explain why I never had to get WRS?

2) Also, I am not sure whether I will be able to find all of my P60s for every single year. Is there any way of getting a duplicate? Same goes for payslips.

3) Does the fact that I already hold a permanent resident card make things a bit easier in terms of what I need to provide to support my application?

4) I'm currently in my 2nd year of BSC (Hons) degree, but as far as I'm concerned, I still need to get a certificate in English? As I haven't graduated yet... is that correct? (Just booked GESE Grade 5 (B1) for £150)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is WRS still required for naturalisation?

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 pm

1)
Sorry can't comment on WRS, but you got PR alright.
2)
You can also use letters from employer(s) which is useful if you worked with one for a longer period. Letter must confirm you worked for them from/to.
3)
Provide all the details required by AN form and guide. Do not assume UKVI Nationality Directorate knows all about your PR application, or will look for documents. The 5/10 year data requirements are from the date of your AN application going backward, so will not align with your PR timeline.
4)
Test required, unless you wait til your UK degree is finished, then of course not required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.