ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with Expired EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dea_V25
Newly Registered

Travelling with Expired EEA Family Permit

Post by Dea_V25 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for a Residence Card as the Unmarried Partner of an EEA National in January 2017 and have since received my COA and passport (which I had requested be returned). I also received a letter from the Home Office together with my passport stating that non-EEA family members need a valid EEA family permit to re-enter the country - however, mine will be expired by the time I travel.

I called the Home Office and asked how they expect me to apply for an EEA family permit from abroad when they have all the original supporting documents for my Residence Card application. They didn't have an answer.

I had consulted with an immigration lawyer previously and he had told me I would be fine to travel and I saw a few historic posts from people on this board saying they did manage to get back in with an expired family permit.

I'm wondering:
1) Does anyone have more recent experience of re-entering the UK with an expired family permit or has anyone experienced challenges?

2) Has anyone applied for more than one family permit and if so how did you manage with supporting documents? I know there is an option to request back some of the originals from the Home Office without withdrawing the application but I am worried that this will delay my application.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

ausguy6624
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling with Expired EEA Family Permit

Post by ausguy6624 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Would like to hear an answer on this as well