ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling in AN Form - maiden/married name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Filling in AN Form - maiden/married name

Post by marlasinger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi,

I am an Australian who was granted ILR in 2009.

I am now applying for British Citizenship but am having confusion regarding my name.

My Australian passport expired in 2015 and is in my maiden name. I wish to apply for BC in my married name. Will it cause a problem as my Australian passport is in my maiden name, or does it not matter now that my Australian passport has expired? My understanding is that the Home Office will not allow dual nationals to have documents in different names (unless they can show it is impossible to change the name on the document).

Or if it will be a problem, can I apply for BC in my maiden name, even though everything else (drivers license, payslips etc) is in my married name?

I plan to use the NCS for my application but just wanted to get all my ducks line up in a row!

Thanks
marlasinger

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Re: Filling in AN Form - maiden/married name

Post by marlasinger » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi again,

Just to add to my question, which name do they use on the Naturalisation Certificate? Will it be the name in 1.5 (maiden name on passport) or 1.6 - the name I use for all purposes (married name)?

Thanks
Marlasinger

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:04 pm

You will be granted citizenship based on the name in your passport. If you want your married name, suggest get a new passport reflecting this name.

You will also have to provide evidence of residence since your passport expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by marlasinger » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 am

Ok, that is as I suspected.

Thanks very much for the reply. :)