ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M)

Post by T.Ahmad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello,

i am a british citizen and my wife is on Spouse visa which will be expire on june 2017, she came in uk on april 2008 as a student dependant, her 10 years will complete on april 2018 and could apply for ILR (LR).

now my questions are;

1) Does she has to apply for Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M) or can she get some other route eg. FLR (LR) etc?
or is there any other way she may get ILR otherwise have some time until eligible for ILR (LR).

2) Does she have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) even she is exempt from NHS charges until august 2017?

note: i am fine with all other requirements for FLR (M) Extension.

Regards
T Ahmad

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M)

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 pm

T.Ahmad wrote:Hello,

i am a british citizen and my wife is on Spouse visa which will be expire on june 2017, she came in uk on april 2008 as a student dependant, her 10 years will complete on april 2018 and could apply for ILR (LR).

now my questions are;

1) Does she has to apply for Spouse Visa Extension FLR(M) or can she get some other route eg. FLR (LR) etc?
or is there any other way she may get ILR otherwise have some time until eligible for ILR (LR).

2) Does she have to pay Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) even she is exempt from NHS charges until august 2017?

Regards
T Ahmad
1. She will have to apply for FLR(M). FLR(LR) is only for those who have completed the 10 year qualifying period but are unable to meet the KOLL requirements.

2. She will be required to pay the IHS surcharge.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Casa wrote:
T.Ahmad wrote:Hello,

now my questions are;

Regards
T Ahmad
1. She will have to apply for FLR(M). FLR(LR) is only for those who have completed the 10 year qualifying period but are unable to meet the KOLL requirements.

2. She will be required to pay the IHS surcharge.
Thanks for your Quick Reply
Sure i will prepare FLR(M) Extension Application.
Thanks once again :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:40 pm

You're welcome. Be aware that your wife will require A2 level English from an UKVI approved test provider.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am

Casa wrote:You're welcome. Be aware that your wife will require A2 level English from an UKVI approved test provider.

Hi Casa

1st I am sorry that asking a query in someone's post but it is related to your response. My cousin has to apply FLR M extension in July 17. She submitted B1 at 1st FLR M application in January 2014. Does she need to submit again. I mean she needs to give A2 from UKVI approved Centers again.

Thanks
Regards
Muhammad