ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed Biometric Delivery (DX Delivery)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arcstop
Newly Registered

Missed Biometric Delivery (DX Delivery)

Post by arcstop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi,

I am looking for advice regarding my completed biometric application.

I processed my biometric application back in November. I moved houses in February of this year. I then decided to redirect all my mail from my old house to the new one.

A delivery attempt was made to my old address by DX Delivery but since I'm not the tenant anymore, it didn't get delivered. DX Delivery then sent a letter to my old address which got directed to my new address and I received this letter today. The letter basically stated that I need to rearrange a re-delivery as a signature is required.

I decided to call up DX Delivery to sort this out and they said they cannot do a re-delivery as it has been sent back to the home office. They advised to call up the home office. I couldn't find the right number for the biometric department but rang the home office and they said the only way I can sort this out is through a biometric not received form found on the gov website.

However, on this page:
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

It states this:
"Don’t use this service if the courier company (called DX) tried to deliver your BRP and left a card. Contact them to rearrange the delivery."

I'm not entirely sure on what to do next. I don't wanna do anything hasty which may affect the delivery or my application in any way.

Any advice?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Missed Biometric Delivery (DX Delivery)

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:48 pm

YOU should have updated HO with your address. They will not deliver to an address that they did not have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arcstop
Newly Registered

Post by arcstop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:YOU should have updated HO with your address. They will not deliver to an address that they did not have.
Is there no way to sort this out?

be123+

Post by be123+ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:27 pm

arcstop wrote:
CR001 wrote:YOU should have updated HO with your address. They will not deliver to an address that they did not have.
Is there no way to sort this out?
Dear arcstop,

Do you mind if you share when you submitted your application?

Thank you

arcstop
Newly Registered

Post by arcstop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm

be123+ wrote: Dear arcstop,

Do you mind if you share when you submitted your application?

Thank you
I sent off my application on November 23 2016. I received the letter to do my biometrics around the first week of December 2016.

arcstop
Newly Registered

Post by arcstop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:33 am

Bump

arcstop
Newly Registered

Post by arcstop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 am

UPDATE:

Yesterday afternoon I filled out the "If you have problems collecting your BRP" form from the link below:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect

I received a reply this morning that my BRP would be re-delivered to my new address. All is good! :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 am

Please remember in future that a Royal Mail redirection is NOT always the best option when dealing with HO. Always update your address if you move, at least until you are British and have your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arcstop
Newly Registered

Post by arcstop » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

CR001 wrote:Please remember in future that a Royal Mail redirection is NOT always the best option when dealing with HO. Always update your address if you move, at least until you are British and have your passport.
Definitely have learned that. Duly noted. Thanks for the advice!