ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant Spouse/ Child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meghnad2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependant Spouse/ Child

Post by meghnad2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I am on tier 2 general visa since Nov 2016. My spouse who was on an ICT, had switched to be Tier 2 general dependent spouse. Same with my child who switched from ICT dependent to tier 2 general dependent child. This visa was valid until Dec 2019. However, my employer terminated my job and withdrew sponsorship soon due to some adverse business scenario in Dec 2016. I was unemployed until April 2017 and did not recieve any curtailment letter. I found a job and successfully switched employer and got a new 5 year visa in country in April 2017. My new visa expires in Apr 2022. My spouse and child are on the old tier 2 general dep visa which was issued in Nov 2016. Can the experienced members help me with the following queries:
- Do my spouse and child have to apply for a new tier 2 general dep visa now or can they do it when the current visa expires in Dec 2019?
- Can you point me to the home office publication on this topic which I can refer?

meghnad2
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge Refund

Post by meghnad2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:14 pm

As mentioned in a previous query, I am on Tier 2 general visa since Nov 2016. My initial visa was for 3 years. So I had paid the IHS for 3 years (£600). recently I moved to a different employer which sponsored a 5 year visa. I repaid the IHS for 5 years (£1000) as the solicitor said that there could be rejections if we pay the balance for 2 years. Any idea how to recover the over paid £600 for IHS?