ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

first passport for child to EU parents in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mividini
Newly Registered

first passport for child to EU parents in UK

Post by mividini » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello everyone!
I need advice and will appreciate any assistance on my case.
So, I apply for my child's first passport and got letter asking for evidence of exercising treaty rights between 08/11/2010 and 08/11/2015- when the child is born. I send with the application in first place all of mine and my husbands documents since we enter the country in 2008 till 2015 / I used the same pile of papers for PR application with no problems and we received our PR cards on 22/11/2016 /
I spoke over the phone with very rude person who told me that for him those documents are not enough and he want more evidence. He said that I need to send him my blue registration card / I said that I'm not able to do that because it was not return to me after my PR application, he said that this is not his concern?! He said that I had low profit in 2009-2010 / I was pregnant and gave birth within that time with my eldest daughter, and he has all of the documents with him about that/ .
It was very frustrating... He said that he don't accept mine or my husbands PR cards as evidence because they are dated 22/11/2016. After that nerve rocking experience I wrote to department of migration and asked for letter confirming the date we acquire PR and on they letter back to us it show date 05/10/2013.
Please advise is this will be enough for evidence ? Did someone have similar experience ? I'm confused ,on letter demanding more evidence they ask for Residence Card or permit granted before the child's birth or letter of ILR on the date of child's birth. :( :? Thanks in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: first passport for child to EU parents in UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:11 pm

What year were child or children born? Was it before you acquired PR in 2013?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mividini
Newly Registered

Re: first passport for child to EU parents in UK

Post by mividini » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:20 am

CR001 wrote:What year were child or children born? Was it before you acquired PR in 2013?
Thank you for your response CR001!
The child is born on 08/11/2015. For the other one we going to apply via registration / MN1/ because she was born in 2010. So for the one that is born in 2015, we have applied for first passport with regular form for first passport / not MN1 /.
Thank you again and Happy Easter!