ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS SURCHAGE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CLda
Newly Registered

IHS SURCHAGE

Post by CLda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Happy Good friday everyone,

I just want to find out if the ihs surcharge fee varies depending on which country your applying from or is it considered by the way you answer your questions?.reasons being i just read that somebody(sorry i cant remember who posted) ,stating that he or she paid for the spouse £668.I would imagine it should be a standard fee but it does not seem like it.(gutted) :cry: I applied in march 2017 and I paid for my spouse £1550 and for my twins £1550 each :( .Does anyone know how to request for a refund even though my application is still in process?please advice And the wait is on.......

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS SURCHAGE

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm

It is £600 per person for an entry clearance visa. The slight increased variation comes in with regards to exchange rate fluctuation relative to whichever country is being applied in. The member you quoted applied in India. Where did you apply??

You have clearly paid too much. What did you put in the form regarding your immigration status?

Any over payment should be refunded once application is decided
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CLda
Newly Registered

Post by CLda » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Thanks Croo1 for your reply.

I applied from Philippines.And I used my UK card to pay which was £ 1550 each.What amazed me most is that my twins were not yet 18 yrs by the time of application, they are turning 18yrs end of April yet I paid for their IHS? I thought children under the age of 18 are free :( .
I called the immigration advice for a fee and they said that its 600 multiplied by the numbers of years are likely to be issued :( Cos I questioned.
I can't clearly remember but all I Remember is clicking for husband within the application. :lol:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:25 pm

No they are not exempty. It is £200 per year or part of a year and the first visa it is £600.

What detail did you include of yourself in the form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.