ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying-Tier 2 Extension -ILR - Earliest application date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hossain31
Newly Registered

Varying-Tier 2 Extension -ILR - Earliest application date?

Post by hossain31 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Dear friends,

I would like to get your expert knowledge in the following area:

I have applied for Tier 2 extension application on 30 November 2016 and they wrote back to me in January 2017 saying my application raises exceptionally complex issue and require more time. At the moment, I am waiting for a decision.

On 16 June 2017, I will complete my 10 years of stay in the UK. So I want to vary my application from Tier 2 extension to Indefinite Leave to Remain at the earliest date possible. Now my lawyer mentioned to me that I can apply 28 days prior to 16 June 2017, but I would like to make sure that if I am really eligible to apply 28 days early as i do not hold a valid visa at the moment. The same lawyer told my friend on a different occasion that if any application is pending, the applicant must wait the full 10 years.

Now my question is what is the earliest date that I can apply providing the above situation. I would like to go at a premium service centre and already booked an appointment date at Sheffield.

And as I am varying, so what will be counted as my date of application? Will it be the date when I request Home Office to vary my application? Or my appointment date? If the former date is considered then does it mean that I will have to request to Vary the application only after 19 May 2017 (28 days before the completion of 10 years)?

Or do I have to wait the full ten years before varying? changing of appointment date is not a problem.

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this topic as a mistake may cost me almost £3,000.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Hossain

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Varying-Tier 2 Extension -ILR - Earliest application dat

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:55 pm

You will be eligible for ILR 28 days before completing your 10 year stay.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice