ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moideenbii
Newly Registered

AN form query

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi

My wife has never worked in the UK ever , she was my dependent since our marriage 8 years ago. she is a ILR HOLDER .

When she is filling her AN form in the employment history what does she has to fill in ?? She has never worked. does she need any of my employment history details or can she apply on her own.

I would like to keep my ILR and indian passport and let me wife apply for naturalization on her own is this possible at all ?

Kind Regards,
Moideen

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: AN form query

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:52 pm

moideenbii wrote:Hi

My wife has never worked in the UK ever , she was my dependent since our marriage 8 years ago. she is a ILR HOLDER .

When she is filling her AN form in the employment history what does she has to fill in ?? She has never worked. does she need any of my employment history details or can she apply on her own.

I would like to keep my ILR and indian passport and let me wife apply for naturalization on her own is this possible at all ?

Kind Regards,
Moideen
Yes. Employment isn't a requirement. If she chooses, your wife can declare herself as a homemaker (or similar).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

moideenbii
Newly Registered

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:00 pm

oh you are a superstar thats solved then .-:)

1 more question .

My son he also holds a ILR (7 years old) after my wife his naturalized can we register him as a British citizen form MN1 .

So mother will Naturalised BC -
Father ILR holder indian citizen -
Son ILR holder born in India residing in UK since 6 years .

Is this possible and the procedure is correct ?

Kind Regards,
Moideen

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Correct.

Completed MN1 application form with two referees and written consent from both parents
Proof child has indefinite leave to remain
Proof both parents have indefinite leave to remain
Proof the child has been living in the UK for the last two years (passports, travel documents and school/ college letters)
Full birth certificate and a translation if not issued in English
Passport or visa used to enter the UK (not mandatory)
Both parents passports - Evidence they are applying with at least one parent, or that one parent is British and the other has indefinite leave to remain, or that both parents are British)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

moideenbii
Newly Registered

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:04 pm

You are really a superstar . Have a lovely break .

Kind regards,
Moideen

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:06 pm

You too. You're most welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)