ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa- change of address

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scher

Tier 2 General visa- change of address

Post by scher » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:56 am

Hi All,
Recently I have applied for Tier 2 extension on jan 2017 and my visa ,my wife's dependent visa application was successful and received our BRP cards by the end of Jan 2017.
Now we have moved to new flat.So I would like to know that when should I update UKVI regarding this address change and how can I inform to UKVI..Please help me in this problem...thanks in advance..
Regards,
scher.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General visa- change of address

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 pm

scher wrote:Hi All,
Recently I have applied for Tier 2 extension on jan 2017 and my visa ,my wife's dependent visa application was successful and received our BRP cards by the end of Jan 2017.
Now we have moved to new flat.So I would like to know that when should I update UKVI regarding this address change and how can I inform to UKVI..Please help me in this problem...thanks in advance..
Regards,
scher.
Changes must be notified within 3 months.

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

scher

Post by scher » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi Casa,
Thanking you for your reply with valuable information.I would like to know that Do I have to sent my original Passport and original BRP card along with the application form.Also shall I use one/same application to inform change of address for myself and for my wife or do we need to fill separate application forms...please clarify on this..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

As I haven't used the online update form, there are others on the forum better placed to advise.

Edit: Reading through the link I posted for you, all that you are required to submit is included there. :idea:

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

scher

Post by scher » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 am

Hi Casa,
Thanks a lot for the reply,I will use the online link to update the address and see how it goes..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am

Its quite straightforward scher, just make sure you have a scanned copy of your passport/BRP/driving license to prove identity, and also a soft copy of your bank statements/utility bills/council tax bill/other documents listed on the page to prove your new address. They say say update the address within 3 working days, though they don't send you any confirmation that they have done it.

scher

Post by scher » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks a lot ShrutiBlue for your information..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.