ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address for Spouse Visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hatchman85
Newly Registered

Address for Spouse Visa application

Post by hatchman85 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:51 am

Good morning,

My non EU-wife and i are in the process of preparing our UK spouse visa application. I currently live in a studio apartment that is an annex of a house. When searching the post code database my address doesn't actually show, just the address of the main house. Has anyone heard of this being a problem or am i asking a stupid question?! The tenancy agreement states the annex within the address, will the tenancy agreement be enough?

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address for Spouse Visa application

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:54 am

It should be sufficient. Assuming you don't pay utilities and council tax, suggest a letter from your landlord stating permission for wife to live in the property too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:35 pm

In most cases studio flats are located inside/around the major property like 3/5 bedroom house. In pursuit of more rent the landlords distribute the home into different apartments/ensuite rooms/studio flats. But the main address and post code remains same for all. In case of slightly bigger flat such as 1/2 bedroom flats then they may call as flat a,b,c along with main address. Without post code an address is incomplete and the recipient may even can't receive anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hatchman85
Newly Registered

Post by hatchman85 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Thank you so much for your help with that. Another avenue we have been exploring is moving in with my brother for a month or so and using his home for the application. When she arrives we can then look for a place together as i'm a bit concerned the studio i'm in now may be deemed too small now i've looked into it a little further. The only issue with this is that my brother lives a couple of hours away, would this likely cause an issue with the application as my job and temporary residence would be 100 miles apart.

Thanks again,

Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Studio is fine.

Suggest ignore the brother idea if not in the area where you work as this will cast doubt on the genuineness of your job or your accommodation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hatchman85
Newly Registered

Post by hatchman85 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Perfect, thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:31 pm

For your own peace of mind, see the guidance to overcrowding in the link below (1 room is fine for 2 adults).

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)