ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making ILR dependent application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londonphd

Making ILR dependent application

Post by londonphd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello,

My ILR has recently been approved on a 10 year LR basis. I live with my wife and three children in the UK (since 2011), and we are planning to apply for their dependent visas at the end of July 2017. I've the following questions if you could spare a few minutes to read:

1. We will need to use FLR(M), is this the correct form to use in this case?

2. I must show bank statements/payslips/savings etc. for the period covering six months prior to the application date. Is this right?

3. In May, I will start working full time at a university with a gross salary well above the required level. Currently work part time. Given that we are applying for extension in late July, my new employment and income may not help us as I would only be earning gross income that's above required level for only 3 months (May to July). Can you please comment on this issue? Any suggestions?

I look forward to reading your posts.
Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Making ILR dependent application

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm

1. We will need to use FLR(M), is this the correct form to use in this case?
Correct but only if you meet the financial requirement of £27,200pa.
2. I must show bank statements/payslips/savings etc. for the period covering six months prior to the application date. Is this right?
Correct and this must prove that you meet the financial requirement I state above.
3. In May, I will start working full time at a university with a gross salary well above the required level. Currently work part time. Given that we are applying for extension in late July, my new employment and income may not help us as I would only be earning gross income that's above required level for only 3 months (May to July). Can you please comment on this issue? Any suggestions?
If you DO NOT meet the financial requirement, FLR(M) will be refused. You should then rather apply on FLR(FP) 10 year partner route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Many thanks!

My wife and the first child have been in the UK for the past 6 years on Tier 4 dependent visa. Are these years counted towards their ILR application on the basis of LR if they extend their stay on FLR(FP)? Say 6 years on Tier 4 dependent visa + 4 years as dependent on FLR(FP)?

I hope their application on FLR(FP) 10 year partner route will note restart the countdown towards ILR.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes it counts for ILR based on 10 years provided they meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.