ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route via Switzerland?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prag99
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route via Switzerland?

Post by prag99 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:56 am

Hi All,

Can anyone guide/ help for the Surinder Singh route via Switzerland. I am British citizen living in the UK and got some offers from Switzerland and thinking to move to Switzerland.

1) As Switzerland is not under EEA and hold different relationship with EEA & UK , whether Surinder Singh route is possible?

2) In other EU countries, the non-EEA parent will get 5 year resident card saying " FAmily member of EEA citizen". What is the equivalent card in the Switzerland and what will it say "Family member of XXX citizen ???

3) Whether getting permit for non-EEA parent in Switzerland is more difficult that other EU country?

Bobthemoggie

Re: Surinder Singh route via Switzerland?

Post by Bobthemoggie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am

I am not an expert member but,

I think- Everybody needs to get work permit for Switzerland (EU/UK/EEA citizen)
Based on duration of your WP, they might provide residece permit for your family members, provided you have enough financial resources to look after them & a Insurance!

Swiss Family permit will enable your non-EEA FM to enter into other EU countries in vicinity.
Don't think Swiss permit will be of much use for SS route, as its not from EU country.

If you're lucky to live in EU & work in Switzerland then your FM can potentially benefit from you as Frontier worker.. but double check the understanding with EU host state &/SOLVIT

Please update how did your move went?