ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance for out of country work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SnivellingSnape
Newly Registered

Entry clearance for out of country work permit

Post by SnivellingSnape » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I have returned to my home country and am now waiting for the out of country work permit to be sent to me. I made a mistake of bringing back the in-country work permit.

I am just about to fill in the VAF2 form and it states that you have to list all your previous visa applications and approvals.

My last visa was a student visa with a sponsor of a government agency and they have given me leave to allow me to work in the UK for 2 years.

However, the work permit being applied for is 3 years and I would prefer to get the 3 years now and apply for an extension of my leave (I have been told it's possible if I get very good results for my research, which shouldn't be a problem) instead of applying for another visa again in 2 years.

I suppose I am wondering if my visa will be rejected if I don't include the letter from my sponsor? It is not included in any of the checklist but I guess it's because they can just pull up the files and check!

Thanks for any advice.