ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can some please give some insight?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

Can some please give some insight?

Post by AnouckFarrell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am

Hi all,

I' a Dutch citizen, with a Dutch passport, but currently living in Johannesburg South Africa.
I'm married to a South African, with a South African passport and we have a 1 year old son, with both Dutch and South African passport.
We would like to relocate to Ireland, to be closer to both our families.
My husband has family in Ireland and my family is in Holland.
Since I have a EU passport, I believe my husband qualifies for the EU treaty right?
How does that exactly work?
Our plan is for us to move to Ireland, rent a place for a while and then decide on the area that we want to buy a property.
My husband would also like to work in Ireland. I would also like to work eventually, but probably only part time, so that I can look after our son.
Is there anyone here that can give us some insight on this and on the proces(ses) we will need to follow?

Thanks in advance.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Can some please give some insight?

Post by zahmed05 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,

You will apply using form EU1 once you're in Ireland. This needs to be done within first three months of arrival.

In order to get EU1 approved, you will need to exercise your treaty. You'll either need to employee, self-employed, student or self-sufficient.

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

Post by AnouckFarrell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks for the info.
So for self sufficient, what exactly does that mean?
I think we will have to opt for that until my husband finds a job.
We have our savings money and some income from our house that we will be renting out in South Africa.
Also, if we open up a bank account in Ireland, is it wise to put in in just my name, as the EU resident, or should we put it on both our names? What will be better with regard to my husband EU1 application?

Did I understand it right that my husband will receive a stamp4 while he awaits the outcome of his application?

I know, lots of questions, but I would like to know as much as possible.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Self sufficient means you will survive in Ireland without public funds. You will need to have good amount of money in the bank and fully comprehensive insurance for family before you apply under this category.

Rental from SA property will help.

It will be under both of your name and you both should have access to money.

He will recieve stamp 4 and can work freely after that.