ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genral enquiry regarding visa extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balak2

Genral enquiry regarding visa extension

Post by balak2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Recently my company applied for my work permit and it was rejected. My company is willing to lodge another work permit application for me but, my problem is that my current visa expires on 06-Feb-2008.

I am not sure if my company will be able to lodge the application by then. Let's say they will lodge the application by 13-Feb-2008. Can I apply for a leave of extension before 06-Feb-2008 saying that my company will be applying for my work permit?

Even if the work permit doesn't come through, I am very particular that I don't overstay my current visa such that I might run into problems later when applying for another immigration category, say HSMP? I would appreciate if anybody could give some advice regarding this issue.