ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA & Work permit question, please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

COA & Work permit question, please help!

Post by elevendi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 am

Hi all

i found this wonderful forum while i was googling for a CoA question
i want to thank you all for your time!

i have applied for CoA last August 2007 and since then i haven't received reply yet
i've checked the Home Office website and there's a section there where you can read
Dates of application currently being processed Form COA is November 2007

my situation in brief

came to uk in 2000 (illegally)

i met my partner around 2004 she is from latvia living together since

got married (religion ceremony) start of 2005

we have a little boy who's 2 and half yr old now

she has kids from her previous marriage

i thought i could be considered with these new changes brought to COA, so i've applied in August 2007 we haven't received any reply yet

she has no residency but over yr work, full time, meet the criteria!

could someone with immigration knowledge give me some advice to what i can do next, because i am really confused

i have another question regading the work,

my partner has some health problem, she has to work evenings so we can support ourselves, despite i have been issued with insurrance number, still i am not allowed work! i thought if we can get a positive reply regarding COA then i might that time apply for permission to work! (just personal conclusion)ni'm hoping bring some support for our family i really want this to happen because little kids are missing their mums specially when it is time to go to bed! i know i am there as father but i guess it is not the same!
it is hard for them not to have their mother near by! specially for the little boy! now it is getting worst!

i really need some advice regarding my case, we have no solicitor because we can't offer it! and i don't know where to turn and ask for some advice!

any comments or suggetions regarding my case are very welcomed and appreciated

thanks!
Last edited by elevendi on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: COA & Work permit question, please help!

Post by sakura » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 am

elevendi wrote:Hi all

i found this wonderful forum while i was googling for a CoA question
i want to thank you all for your time!

i have applied for CoA last August 2007 and since then i haven't received reply yet
i've checked the Home Office website and there's a section there where you can read
Dates of application currently being processed Form COA is November 2007

my situation in brief

came to uk in 2000 (illegally)

i met my partner around 2004 she is from latvia living together since

got married (religion ceremony) start of 2005

we have a little boy who's 2 and half yr old now

she has kids from her previous marriage

i thought i could be considered with these new changes brought to COA, so i've applied in August 2007 we haven't received any reply yet

she has no residency but over yr work, full time, meet the criteria!

could someone with immigration knowledge give me some advice to what i can do next, because i am really confused

i have another question regading the work,

my partner has some health problem, she has to work evenings so we can support ourselves, despite i have been issued with insurrance number, still i am not allowed work! i thought if we can get a positive reply regarding COA then i might that time apply for permission to work! (just personal conclusion)ni'm hoping bring some support for our family i really want this to happen because little kids are missing their mums specially when it is time to go to bed! i know i am there as father but i guess it is not the same!
it is hard for them not to have their mother near by! specially for the little boy! now it is getting worst!

i really need some advice regarding my case, we have no solicitor because we can't offer it! and i don't know where to turn and ask for some advice!

any comments or suggetions regarding my case are very welcomed and appreciated

thanks!
I can't offer you advice about the CoA timelines...it might be that because you are illegal it will take much longer than for those who are in the country legally. However, if you are already married, why do you need a CoA?

As for the other questions...a Certificate of Approval is NOT an immigration visa...it is ONLY a form allowing you to marry in the UK. It does not change or improve your immigration status. So having a CoA doesn't allow you to work, and you cannot use it to prove you are legally allowed to work.

You will need to regularise your status in order to live/work in the UK. Since your wife is an EEA national, you will have to use the EEA family permit route to gain legal residence. I do not know whether or not you can apply in-country for this, since you are illegal.

But read these: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ea+illegal

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... a+overstay

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am

thank you very much sakura for your reply! i'm so grateful for this

correct! i've just called HO for my CoA application i made, they said it is in the process! and because of my status it is going to take more time! how long? they can't tell!
if you are already married, why do you need a CoA?
well, i have marriage certificate but not the one issued from Registry Office, it is the one issued from a Religion Center! (religion ceremony) therefore i believe it is not considered a valid document even though it shows you're married to X! according to all religion procedures

thanks for the link regarding the second question, yeah i guess there's some similarities of course without the criminal record!,

so as far as i understood (but not sure) the best way to go from now is to apply for EEA1 (registration Certificate) for my partner [please correct me if i am wrong] then ...i have to apply for other kind of application.

HO applications come in all varieties and flavors! hard to tell which one you have to use! i get confused because i see myself as a married but from immigration view i am not!

i wish if there's a way to let you travel out of uk! if only they can grant me this i will leave uk and go to latvia, that will be nice for me and for immigration stuff, save time and money

but again, with my expired passport! you're good to go to nowhere!

going back to my origin country is out of question! for the time being! so i am really stuck! between law and life!

:roll: