ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for Child born in UK after ILR and took indian PP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fithil
Newly Registered

BC for Child born in UK after ILR and took indian PP

Post by fithil » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding the application for British Citizenship of my son.

The case is as below -
[1] Both me and my wife got ILR in Mar 2013
[2] My son was born on June 2013 in UK
[3] Although we could have applied for British passport for my Son at the time, we were not sure of residing in the UK at the time, hence , we applied for Indian passport and got ILR for my son as well
[4] Now our circumstances have changes and we have decided to live in the UK and are ourselves in the process of applying for Naturalisation/British citizenship.

But now, my question is - Can my son directly apply for British passport (similar to any baby born to parents having ILR, as he is a citizen by birth) or should we be applying for Naturalisation (MN1) ?
Basically, is the British citizenship, he would have acquired by birth in UK to ILR parents, in any way tampered by taking Indian passport and ILR back then ?

Many Thanks

vinny

Re: BC for Child born in UK after ILR and took indian PP

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:04 am

Your child is automatically British. If they had known this, then they shouldn't have granted him ILR.

He may apply for confirmation of British nationality or a British passport directly, sooner, while you have all the documents, rather than later.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.