ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult child of a mother who has ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

topu
Newly Registered

Adult child of a mother who has ILR

Post by topu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:55 pm

My mother will be applying for a british passport next year and currently she got her ILR. I am a 23 year old daughter and I want to join her in the UK. even if not the UK, perhaps europe? what choices do i have other than a family visit or a visit visa? I'm looking for anyway which might make me eligible for a PR in UK or europe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adult child of a mother who has ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Tier 4 or Tier 2 General in the UK. There is no option or visa for you to apply as her family member in the UK.

Europe possibly, provided she moves her entire life to another EU state and meets the requirements for your to join her. With brexit, time is ticking.

Why did you not come to the UK with her originally before you turned 18?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

topu
Newly Registered

Post by topu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

CR001 wrote:Tier 4 or Tier 2 General in the UK. There is no option or visa for you to apply as her family member in the UK.

Europe possibly, provided she moves her entire life to another EU state and meets the requirements for your to join her. With brexit, time is ticking.

Why did you not come to the UK with her originally before you turned 18?
It's a long story. She did not know that she could and she did not have enough funds to actually take care of us in the UK when she got there. I went to UK on tier 4 and completed my masters and I also looked for jobs but without success. I did get three offers for jobs but when they heard I was a tier 4, they refused to hire me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 pm

No other options I am afraid unless you qualify for your own visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:No other options I am afraid unless you qualify for your own visa.
When mother gets BC is it a different situation than ILR as she is now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm

seasky wrote:
CR001 wrote:No other options I am afraid unless you qualify for your own visa.
When mother gets BC is it a different situation than ILR as she is now?
Still can't bring a child over 18 as your dependent to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:39 pm

If the mother has ILR, then the daughter has no alternative but Tier 2 or 4. EU freedom of movement law does not apply to people on ILR.

If the mother has British citizenship, then, as advised by CR001, the mother can move to another EEA country and exercise treaty rights and her daughter can join her there. The daughter will need to prove dependency on the mother, but once that is proven, she will have a right to reside with her mother in any non-UK EEA country.

They can also return to the UK under the (now much tougher) Surinder Singh route.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:42 pm

thanks CR001 and secret.simon

topu
Newly Registered

Post by topu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:21 am

secret.simon wrote:If the mother has ILR, then the daughter has no alternative but Tier 2 or 4. EU freedom of movement law does not apply to people on ILR.

If the mother has British citizenship, then, as advised by CR001, the mother can move to another EEA country and exercise treaty rights and her daughter can join her there. The daughter will need to prove dependency on the mother, but once that is proven, she will have a right to reside with her mother in any non-UK EEA country.

They can also return to the UK under the (now much tougher) Surinder Singh route.
This route may not exist by the time I can get there due to financial constraints and what not. I've checked so many materials and sadly, NONE of the visas apply to me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:25 am

No other or easy option for you unfortunately.

Until the UK leaves the EU at some point in 2019, the EU route is available, but is also not an easy one and is not a 'magic ticket' permit route either, especially as you are over 21 years of age.
Char (CR001 not Casa)