ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Standard visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkcool
Mood:
India

UK Standard visitor

Post by jkcool » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi,

I have a situation where my mom has to visit me and stay here for 2 months and go back to India for 2 months and again come back and stay 3 more months. So in any 12 months it will just be under 180 days.

But the problem is the UK visa expiry date. Will she have to leave the country before the expiry date or enter UK by the expiry date on the visa ?

I did come across a document here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-validity

The ‘expiry’ date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK, and nor will it confer leave to enter. The ‘expiry’ date for applicants who qualify for ILE should represent the expiry date of the applicant’s passport and does not indicate an expiry of ‘indefinite leave to enter’

Does it mean that She can come back before the leave expiry date and stay few more months to make sure it does not exceed 180 days.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Standard visitor

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Your mother must leave BEFORE the visa expiry date.

Frequent visits are likely to flag up with the Immigration Officer at the point of entry that your mother is attempting to use her visitor visa as a means of residing in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

"4.2 (a) (c) (e) of Appendix V, Immigration Rules of Visitors" states:
The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant:
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes (these are listed in Appendices 3, 4 and 5); and
(d) will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 – V 4.10; and
(e) must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 pm

I have a recent addition to my family and my mom's intention is to spend some time (4-5 months) with the grandchild. There is a cousin's marriage in India in September, so she will go to India for a month and come back to spend 3 more months.

She visited me in July-August 2014. Stayed for 2 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Sounds like she is coming to do 'child care' :?:

If she has a 6 months validity visa, she cannot stay in the UK after the date it expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:37 am

jkcool wrote:I have a recent addition to my family and my mom's intention is to spend some time (4-5 months) with the grandchild.
That can also be construed as residing in the UK in breach of the Rules, not visiting. Visits are meant to be short and sweet.

She may be making it tougher for her to get a visit visa in the future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:Sounds like she is coming to do 'child care' :?:
Thanks. I love this bit !!!

My daughter goes to nursery since 7th month.

Thank you for all the help. We decided the change to itinerary to leave before the expiry date.

Have one more question.

She would take a Schengen visiting visa when she comes back in September. It should be OK for her to travel back and forth various Schengen countries from UK ? Probably visiting 2-3 countries in couple of weekends. She is old and can't do a full stretch of 10 day Euro trip.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

jkcool wrote:
CR001 wrote:Sounds like she is coming to do 'child care' :?:
Thanks. I love this bit !!!

My daughter goes to nursery since 7th month.
You have to 'think' like UKVI/HO and what I have stated, is what they would likely think too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 pm

For a Standard Visitor Visa,
1) Do we need to submit photo copies of every original document we submit along with the application ? Please advice.
2) If yes, do we need to Self Attest those photo copies ?

Thanks,
sma