ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French visa through TLS for as EU Spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awais394
Newly Registered

French visa through TLS for as EU Spouse

Post by awais394 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me or was in similar situation. I am British national and my wife has Pakistani passport with BRP as Leave to remain. We married in Pakistan and has Pakistani marriage certificate which is in both English and Urdu language. We are planning to visit France for 9 days and want to apply under EU spouse route.

My query is related to our Pakistani marriage certificate that if it is acceptable and do not require any legalization as it is in English. On TLS website it is not mentioned anywhere for a attestation or legalization a certificate which is in English.

I came across an issue when applied for Italian visa in 2012 and they asked the copy of the same marriage certificate to be attest from the Pakistani foreign office.

I hope this is no longer case for French visa, I have enquired with TSL through email and they said you can use the same certificate as it is in English.

Can someone please advise if they were in similiar situation and the marriage certificate was fine also I believe we do not require to show travel insurance, hotel booking and other payslips and bank statements stuff.

Many Thanks

awais394
Newly Registered

Re: French visa through TLS for as EU Spouse

Post by awais394 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello,

I decided to post an update on our application as it was very confusing for us and not much information is available on internet. Pakistani marriage certificate is acceptable by French Consulate and do not require any further attestation or legalization if it is in English. Our one is both in Urdu and English and it was ok, got the visa as required.

I hope this information will be helpful for someone who is in similar situation.

Thanks

waqasars

Re: French visa through TLS for as EU Spouse

Post by waqasars » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 am

It is always good if you attest your marriage certificate from relevant authorities.