ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Police Certificate Requirements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marielmcp
Newly Registered

URGENT - Police Certificate Requirements

Post by Marielmcp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:47 am

Hi All,
This is just to let you know that INIS will require Police Certificates from every country of residence as part of the Reisdency application requirement. These details are available as part of the Dail debates.

I won't quote the entire dialogue as it is quite lengthy, but the gist of it is that this requirement will be retroactive, meaning if your application is already in you will have to obtain it anyhow and that "The request for the police clearance certificate is issued in
the final stage of processing and upon receipt a decision is issued on
the application." They also said the INIS website would be updated with these details, but I have just checked and it is not there in spite of the fact they've had almost 3 months to do this.

I don't know about everyone else, but for Americans this will take around 4 months or more to obtain from the FBI, so this would add to the process. Luckily for those of you who read this, I work in visas and specifically in sending people to Canada for the working holiday programme. The Canadian Immigration website has very detailed information on obtaining Police Certificates (the only place they don't mention is Canada as they would have access to their police records for any applicants who had lived in Canada previously). http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... /index.asp

Also in the dialogue was the fact that they only have around 6000 LTR applicants, so once again their processing standards are incredibly low. I really think people need to take action or this kind of thing is going to keep happening.

Marielmcp
Newly Registered

Post by Marielmcp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Just in case people on this forum want to read up on actual details:

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 19&Page=35 - the details regarding residency/citizenship apps starts at the bottom of this page and goes on from there.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 25&Page=32 - details here relate specifically to residency

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Very good find Marielmcp!

Marielmcp is right, they are asking for a "police clearance certificate from all the countries you've been resident" from all applicants for LTR, retrospective as well (it doesn't matter when you applied, before or after this rule was introduced) plus the English language test.

They haven't done a thing to improve the waiting time, instead they are introducing more conditions to be met.

P.S Download the second pdf file following the links at the top of the page, the discussions are from the 7th and 14th of November 2007 in the Dail.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa
Last edited by mendo on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marielmcp
Newly Registered

Post by Marielmcp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks, I actually didn't find it...I must give credit to Sashasolar, who let me know. I just thought I'd pass on the knowledge!

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:41 pm

mendo wrote:Very good find Marielmcp!

Marielmcp is right, they are asking for a "police clearance certificate from all the countries you've been resident" from all applicants for LTR, retrospective as well (it doesn't matter when you applied, before or after this rule was introduced) plus the English language test.

They haven't done a thing to improve the waiting time, instead they are introducing more conditions to be met.

P.S Download the second pdf file following the links at the top of the page, the discussions are from the 7th and 14th of November 2007 in the Dail.

Regards,

Mendo
if they really asked people to submit police clearance for their citizenship application or long term residency even the people submitted their application before they changed the law. it shows how stupid the the minister for justice is and he is not even qualified as a lawyer at all. everyone knows that in the democratic world that the new law cannot affect the past when the new law comes in.

just like the stupid irish government changed the law about the birth right couple of years ago. they can put a stop on the foreign national to have baby to gain citizenship after they change the law but they cant take away the citizenship from people already got it.

i was wondering. would anyone in ireland raise this issue to the dept of justice because this is clearly illegal for the people already submit their application.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:07 pm

If they are requiring this for those who have already submitted applications, I shudder to think of how much longer (in addition to the obscene amount of time it already takes) it will take to process an application.

astartes

Post by astartes » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:12 pm

More anti-immigrant chauvinism. How predictable.

It's about time that Ireland leaves the EU. They don't give a damn about any of the EU principles.