ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bangladesh Spouse Visa Application process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fatehabegum1982
Newly Registered

Bangladesh Spouse Visa Application process

Post by Fatehabegum1982 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi I was hoping to get some advice more so for peace of mind, I am a uk citizen and my hubby is Bangladesh national who has lived and worked in Dubai over the past 10 years. We married married in 2015 and he went back to Dubai whilst I came back to the UK. Due to our circumstance after we married he went back to work and came back to the uk we have been in continuous contact practically speaking everyday, I've been out to see him since we married too.

On the 19th March we submitted his application for spouse visa from Bangladesh, i wanted to know if anyone else has submitted in the last couple of months and how long it's generally taken I appreciate and understand everyone's case are assessed on an individual basis. My hubby had applied for visit visa back in 2006 but got refused it was so long ago so upon application he couldn't remember why it was refused but we declared this, will this go against him?

I know as a sponsor I have met all the requirements and can't see any reason they could find to say no, and from his part he has traveled back and forth over the years on his passport with his UAE visa between Bangladesh and Dubai.

I know they say it can take up to 30 working days and I still have a few more days to wait but should I not hear upon the 30 working days can I track it through the .gov website or could that go against the application for harassing them.

If you have experienced anything similar applying from Bangladesh would be of great help.

Thank You

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Re: Bangladesh Spouse Visa Application process

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 am

Hi Fatema,

Its a shame that you haven't heard from them yet. I submitted my husband's application online on 28th March. He then submitted his Bio on the 12th April 2017. One thing i was super confused about was that the application centre in Sylhet scanned the application pack and returned it back to my husband. Later that day he received a text message saying that the application has been sent to the UKVI. But on VFS it states that the application must be sent to Sheffield once the Bio has been submitted, so i then i had my husband send the application pack to Sheffield which was signed for and received on the 21st April. I'm still waiting for a decision to be made and have no idea whether they will look at the application sent from bangladesh (scanning method) or the one that was sent by post. Or will they put both together. Nobody seems to know. Its a sticky situation i guess we just have to wait. :(

Mash1710
Newly Registered

Post by Mash1710 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi scanning at a vhs centre is fine you dont have to send the docmunents to sheffield.at the moment there is a delay my wifes bio was taken on the 6th of april at the vfs centre in sylhet and received an acknowledgement on the same day im still waiting aswel because of easter there is a slight back log and they normaly count a week as 5 working day so wait for about 30 working days but you can get a regular update by emailing ukvi each week to find out the status and no it wont go against you as ukvi are aware people do start asking for updates before the time frame.good luck guys and do update if and when you get your results

Mouludmiah85
Newly Registered

Post by Mouludmiah85 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Mash1710 wrote:Hi scanning at a vhs centre is fine you dont have to send the docmunents to sheffield.at the moment there is a delay my wifes bio was taken on the 6th of april at the vfs centre in sylhet and received an acknowledgement on the same day im still waiting aswel because of easter there is a slight back log and they normaly count a week as 5 working day so wait for about 30 working days but you can get a regular update by emailing ukvi each week to find out the status and no it wont go against you as ukvi are aware people do start asking for updates before the time frame.good luck guys and do update if and when you get your results
You are absolutely right, if the visa centre accept your documents via the scanning method then there is no need for you to send it to Sheffield. Unfortunately i did both and it was a waste of money. Really annoying! But please post updates on the decisions.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:43 am

Does anyone have any updates