ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary stamp 4 but No GNIB Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Temporary stamp 4 but No GNIB Card

Post by Malik10991 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Folks,
I have recently got a letter from DOJ granting me temporary stamp 4. I subsequently took that letter to the garda registration office the person at the desk went through the letter and gave me a temporary stamp 4 in my passport however, they said they can't give me a GNIB CARD as it is not mentioned in the letter anywhere that you should get one.
Now the question is, is this really the case?would A temporary stamp four not automatically entitle me for a card. Any help and advise will be highly regarded.
Thanks ever so much.

Sama123
Newly Registered

Re: Temporary stamp 4 but No GNIB Card

Post by Sama123 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

did you apply for eu treaty rights?
eu1 (qualify family member) or eu1a permitted family member.???/

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi there
Based on what ur application was?
Usually once u get stamp they provide GNIB card on the same day..
Usually if the visa is for least 6 months length they always provide GNIB card..it's in Dublin area..
On the other hard in out side of Dublin u can get ur stamp but have to wait for GNIB caz it took over week to have..
Did you ask officer why they didn't issue a GNIB card??
It's very important for any non Eu for travel and getting a job..
You can go back to immigration officer and ask for GNIB..
They should give you one ..

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Thank you all for very prompt reply yes I applied for EU 1 as my fathet is a British national.
The reason told by the immigration officer is that it was not mentioned in the letter sent by DOJ it was only mentioned to give stamp.
The visa stamp is for nine months which is longer than 6 months of course but i guess i will have to go back and speak to the immigration officer.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes you should go back to to immigration again.
No letter mention to provide GNIB card..
They provide to the person who got stamped in the passport..
If u want to work or travel you must have a valid GNIB card..
If the officer can't help you seek to talk to super visor..
Defo you will be sorted..
Joy bangla (sylhet)

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:34 pm

as i see u applied as a permitted family member, cause ur father is UK citizen, can i ask how old are u? I think there is a limitation maybe 21, if u are older maybe the directive doesnt apply to u, if you are under 18 u cant even work or very limited hours and jobs. Normally u get the gnib card with this letter, for us they said we have to go back in 2 weeks , outside Dublin area, its the manufacturing time.

Sama123
Newly Registered

Post by Sama123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Malik10991 wrote:Hi Folks,
I have recently got a letter from DOJ granting me temporary stamp 4. I subsequently took that letter to the garda registration office the person at the desk went through the letter and gave me a temporary stamp 4 in my passport however, they said they can't give me a GNIB CARD as it is not mentioned in the letter anywhere that you should get one.
Now the question is, is this really the case?would A temporary stamp four not automatically entitle me for a card. Any help and advise will be highly regarded.
Thanks ever so much.
Hey malik . Can u please tell when did u apply ur case. And when did u get ur stamp. And is ur age more the 21 yrs coz then ur case would be eu1a (permitted family) .
Thankz in advance