ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Referees - Both are friends

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Enquiry
Newly Registered

2 Referees - Both are friends

Post by Enquiry » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 am

Hi,

Please members advise me, I have read guideline and different threads in this forums but would be great if i could answer of my questions of my scenario as couldn't go ahead;

I want to apply for Naturalization and passport for my wife, daughter (2 years old) and for myself. on this basis I have few questions;

1 - I have 2 friends (they know all of us for last couple of years) both have British passport and one of them has Vat registered company, so Could I take one of them as personal and other as professional

2 - But I am bit confused how he has professionally attach with us.

3- As we want to apply for Naturalization and Passport same time (via Council) so we need to fill passport forms form , MN1 and AN forms and any other thing I need to consider please?

4- On the basis of above scenario could you please highlight the documents we need to provide?

5 - What to answer for question "Say how you know the applicant, and state either your age or your profession" for Kids and for ours application.

Thank you

Enquiry
Newly Registered

Re: 2 Referees - Both are friends

Post by Enquiry » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Could Someone advise me please?

Enquiry
Newly Registered

Post by Enquiry » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:22 pm

Any suggestion please?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:57 pm

The spirit of this rule for referee is that one knows you because of their professional relationship with you. They can certainly be friends with you as well.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon May 01, 2017 11:50 am

Here are my answers to your question to the best of my understanding:

1) The list of professions that are acceptable is here (you've probably already seen it). Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company is on it, so your professional reference should be fine, and since your second referee has a British passport, that should also be fine.

2) As far as I know, you do not need to have a professional relationship with your professional referee—you just need someone who has professional standing to be willing to vouch for you. Both of my referees described our relationship as "friend of X years" on my form. The people at the Nationality Checking Service didn't even blink at the part. Of course, my application has just been sent, so it's entirely possible that something could go awry. However, nothing in the guidance says that you need to have worked with the professional referee. As long as both your referees have known you for at least three years, aren't related to you, and have not been convicted of an imprisonable offence, you should be in the clear.

3-4) The NCS service I used doesn't offer joint passport applications. However, they did send me a list of documents I would need for my appointment which specified which forms I needed to fill out. If you're confused, you might want to get in touch with them to double-check that
a) you can apply for a passport along with naturalisation using their service,
b) what forms you need to fill out, and
c) what supporting documents you'll need to bring to your appointment.

I will note that you and your will wife each need to fill out Form AN—so you will have two copies to take with you. Make sure you read the guidance and the booklet at that link, as well as the form itself before you fill it out. I don't know about forms for minors, but it looks like you will need to fill out Form MN1 on your child's behalf.

5) I can't speak to the application form for minors. However, on my Form AN, my friends simply wrote "Friend of X years, Age: [Their age] years, Profession: [Their profession]" in the box provided. I can't promise that this is correct, but the person who checked my application at the NCS appointment didn't seem to think there was anything problematic about it.

Enquiry
Newly Registered

Post by Enquiry » Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you for answering in details;

okay - if one of the referee got conviction (5 years ago) got driving points, but after that he got his Naturalization and British citizenship so it shouldn't be problem to act as referee?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Won't be a problem.