ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 14year plus EEA visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdyz5
Pakistan

ILR 14year plus EEA visa

Post by cdyz5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Here is a story.

arrived UK DEC 2003 to 2010 on student visa
From 2010 to 2012 PSW visa
2012 to 2018 EEA visa

from 2012 to 2017 EEA National partner job was on and off in term of work. no continues job employment so i am not eligible for PR. however between this time i had 3 kids. now we (me and my partner) not going along very good and relationship is on a brick.

can i apply for ILR visa please suggest.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 14year plus EEA visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 pm

For ILR based on long residence which includes time as and EEA Family Member, you have to submit evidence that your EU partner was a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the whole period you were on a EEA residence card.

So if you don't qualify for PR, then you won't qualify for ILR 10 years long residence either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cdyz5
Pakistan

Post by cdyz5 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 pm

CR001 wrote:For ILR based on long residence which includes time as and EEA Family Member, you have to submit evidence that your EU partner was a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the whole period you were on a EEA residence card.

So if you don't qualify for PR, then you won't qualify for ILR 10 years long residence either.

Thank you for your reply. i had a step daughter and she goes to school. since 2006 how about putting this case "Baumbast Case" than my wife have a reason for not working and i can apply for ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 pm

She would have required Comprehensive Sickness Insurance as a self sufficient person as an EU citizen as far as I am aware.

ILR is under the UK Immigration rules and for this you must meet all the requirements and send all the evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.