ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife on spouse visa delivered baby in Pakistan.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syrshiraz
Newly Registered

Wife on spouse visa delivered baby in Pakistan.

Post by syrshiraz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:14 am

Hello,

I am a British national and my wife is on spouse visa, after a year she was pregnant and as I was busy with work it was hard for me to look after her here so we decided to have the baby at her parents house in Pakistan. Now she has recovered and the baby is 3 month old its time for them to join me here. My question is what I have to do to bring the child here? Do I have to submit any application? Someone told me that my baby is born British no matter where she was born. Just need some guidance many thanks. And as My wife was away from UK for almost a year I understand I have to extend her visa before applying for ILR.

vinny

Re: Wife on spouse visa delivered baby in Pakistan.

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 am

If your baby is automatically a British citizen, then baby may apply for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Wife on spouse visa delivered baby in Pakistan.

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:36 pm

It will depend on whether OP acquired his citizenship by means other than by descent . If he did, then child will be British under section 2 (1).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors