ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA citizen - absences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmahtani
Newly Registered

EEA citizen - absences

Post by rmahtani » Mon May 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Hello

I have finally managed to register! during my application for DCPR this forum was really helpful but I couldn't help with my timeline because my IP appeared to blacklisted for some reason.

Anyway, I am now preparing my application for naturalisation and I see in the form I need to provide a list of all my absences...the same lenghty and time consuming list I already provided with my DCPR application. My question is if I need to provide this list for the full 5+1 year period or just mention the trips from the last year and in the cover letter ask them to refer to my DCPR application for the 5-year period. I would assume sending them my DCPR would neglect the need to prove my absences during the 5-year period.

Also the letter I received with the DCPR does not state a date from which I am considered a PR. My documentation covered from June 2011 to June 2016. Am I right to assume that I am considered a PR from June 2016? my son was born in June 2016 and got his British passport easily, so I would assume so.

Many thanks!

salmintin

Re: EEA citizen - absences

Post by salmintin » Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 pm

My question is if I need to provide this list for the full 5+1 year period or just mention the trips from the last year and in the cover letter ask them to refer to my DCPR application for the 5-year period.
Past 5 years.

Do you have a good reason for not wanting to write all your absences in the AN form? Asking them to refer to your DCPR is rather unusual and will definitely delay your application. They don't normally check forms from previous applications.
I would assume sending them my DCPR would neglect the need to prove my absences during the 5-year period.
Wrong. DCPR and BC are separate things, each with its own requirements and procedures (which may overlap).
My documentation covered from June 2011 to June 2016. Am I right to assume that I am considered a PR from June 2016?
Probably yes. You can be more confident by sending an SAR. There are plenty of threads on this forum about how to do it.

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Re: EEA citizen - absences

Post by rmahtani » Mon May 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Oh no, nothing dodgy. I was on maternity leave and handwrote the list. Did not occur to me as I was going to need it again!