ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change from Tier2 General Dependent to Tier2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jann
Newly Registered

Change from Tier2 General Dependent to Tier2 General

Post by Jann » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

My current visa status is Tier 2 General Dependent. I have completed 4 years on this visa.
I and my husband are getting divorced in India (which will be finalized by end of this year Dec 2017)and so I might have to request my employers to sponsor me Tier 2 General Visa. I am illegible for ILR in May 2018. Its just for 6 months that I need my employers to sponsor my visa.
My questions are:

1. Can I remain on Tier 2 General Dependent event after divorce (for a period of 6 months )and apply for ILR? Is this something not legal?

2. If I request my employer for visa will my ILR clock set to zero?

3. Do I have to go back to India for my visa application?

Any pointers would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jann

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change from Tier2 General Dependent to Tier2 General

Post by CR001 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 pm

1. No you cannot stay if the relationship has ended. Your spouse has an obligation to inform HO of this. You are unable to apply for ILR on your own as a PBS dependent. You only qualify if your spouse does and you are still in a subsisting marriage.

2. Yes it will. If you apply for Tier 2 General, you start a new 5 year residence period. You cannot use the time you have spent as PBS dependent to make up 5 years.

3. Yes, you can only apply for Tier 2 General from your home country. Your employer will have to complete the full and proper RLMT process before they can sponsor you to prove you have not been pre-selected for the position, assuming your sponsor has a sponsor license.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jann
Newly Registered

Post by Jann » Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clarifying .

Jann
Newly Registered

Post by Jann » Tue May 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi,

Once I get sponsorship from my Employer do I have to wait another 5 years to get my ILR?

Is there any other option I can apply for my ILR before that?

Kind Regards,
Jann

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Once I get sponsorship from my Employer do I have to wait another 5 years to get my ILR?
Yes.
Is there any other option I can apply for my ILR before that?
No there is not. If you are divorced from your spouse who your visa is based on, you cannot use that route or time to count towards ILR based on 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.