ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + Child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR + Child born in UK

Post by safeery2k » Tue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi,
I came to UK on Tier 1 General Visa and now have ILR for 2 years. My wife and son hold PBS dependent visa and expiring in September. My wife has completed her 5 years and is due ILR. My son was born here in UK and that time I didn't have ILR so he is also a PBS dependent.

Now I need to start planning for their visas/passports, this is what I am thinking to apply:

1. apply for ILR for my wife using Set M form
2. register my son as BC using MN1 form
3. register my daughter as BC using MN1 form - she is born last month in UK and has not visa yet.

Also what happens once you register your child using MN1? Do I have to apply for passport separately for them?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR + Child born in UK

Post by CR001 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:23 pm

1. apply for ILR for my wife using Set M form
Yes, but please ask ILR questions in the ILR sub forum and not the British citizenship sub forum.
2. register my son as BC using MN1 form
Yes, under section 1(3) of the nationality act which is an entitlement to register as he was born in the UK.
3. register my daughter as BC using MN1 form - she is born last month in UK and has not visa yet.
She is already British as you hold ILR and she was born in the UK. Apply for passport directly.
Also what happens once you register your child using MN1? Do I have to apply for passport separately for them?
MN1 is to register a child as British, separate form and process to apply for a passport. You can use NCS at the council to apply for citizenship and the passport at the same time though, called the JCAP scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

safeery2k
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR + Child born in UK

Post by safeery2k » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks a lot for the help.