ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60s required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coldwinter

P60s required?

Post by Coldwinter » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Folks
I recently applied for naturalisation via NCS and took along P60s as mentioned in the AN guide. However, the lady at the NCS did not take these. She did seem to know what she was doing so I did not insist on it. Did I make a mistake? Should/can I send these now?

Thanks for your help.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: P60s required?

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm

If you're not from the EEA, then she didn't take them because your passport(s) will contain stamps detailing when you were in the UK and when you left. P60s (among other documents) are important for establishing the physical presence of EEA citizens in the UK during their qualifying period, since their passports are not stamped when they enter and leave the country.

If your P60s are required, then chances are Home Office will get in touch to ask for them.

If you are from the EEA, then I have no idea, and I don't know of a way for you to send your documents after they've been submitted.

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Tue May 02, 2017 8:50 pm

I am not from the EEA. I thought P60s are also required as proof of legal earnings and NI/Tax contributions. Atleast that is what I gathered from the AN guide.

1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions
made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support
this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period,
or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the
start and finish date.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue May 02, 2017 8:55 pm

My guess is it's because the Home Office can and will verify your national insurance contributions independently with HMRC based on the information you provide. Meanwhile your passport provides proof of when you were in the country, so the P45s and P60s are redundant.

For what it's worth, I'm also non-EEA and they didn't take or ask for my P60s at my NCS appointment either. In the list of documents they gave me to bring to the appointment, HMRC documents about employment were only on the list for EEA nationals to help establish their residency in the UK during their qualifying period.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Note: letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them.
I (EU) didn't bother with P60s, just got a letter from my employer of 10 years +, saves a lot of messing about. Any good employer should be able and willing to provide these letters.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 am

HO can cross check DWP, HMRC and NIC office for all tax and NI related data,

What I did was for employment listed that in the form

2010/11 Start / End Month Year - P60 and tax office Ref
2011/14 Start/End Month Year - P60/P45 and tax office Ref
2014/2017 Start and no end date - P60 for 2014/15 2015/16 and 2016/17 and tax office Ref as on P60

The tax offic Ref is a no . like 120/XXXXXXX The no HO asks in the form is just the first 3 digits of the Number.

e.g 120 - Its always a three digit no. that tell which Tax office the employer corresponds to

Hope this helps.

plat1n
Newly Registered

Post by plat1n » Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 pm

My guess is it's because the Home Office can and will verify your national insurance contributions independently with HMRC based on the information you provide.
I'm EU citizen and I needed to apply for Document Certifying Permanent Residence, despite paying NIC for over 6,5 years they just took last 5 years from papers (P60 and bank statements) I've provided. I suppose they are not doing NIC check, if they do then why they need P60s then?